Sparboe Farms ESL Employee in New Hampton, Iowa
Processing team members work in a modern, temperature controlled, egg processing facility. Eggs are processed 7 days/week. Full time and 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available. Pay starting at 11.00/hr.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Extended Shelf Life (ESL) Operator
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The ESL Pasteurizer Operator will safely, effectively and efficiently operate equipment and monitor operations of the ESL equipment according to regulations that protect the consumer, follow government rules and meet customer requirements. This position works in accordance with the Sparboe Quality Management Program and all its related policies and procedures to keep all product and pallets clean and free from contamination and to ensure the highest food quality and food safety.
- Learn, understand and perform all duties associated with Extended Shelf-life Egg Pasteurization and support systems including but not limited to: Start-up, shut-down, troubleshooting, routine daily operation of equipment including: Plate heat exchanger, homogenizer, pressure filters, liquefier, process pumps, storage tanks; and CIP/general sanitation sterilization of ESL-HTST related equipment, and support tanks as applicable. Complete retraining and new learning as needed.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Communicate routine and urgent processing issues to management as needed.
- Manage citric acid dozing processes in accordance with SOP’s.
- Monitor the pasteurization process; perform associated tests as required such as: CCPs, cut-in/cut-out, process settings, divert protocols, and can test flow rates.
- Formulate Ingredients into liquid egg for specialty blends in accordance with company standards and SOP’s.
- Operate systems to production schedule.
- Complete document records associated with job tasks.
- Keep the environmental areas associated with above processes in clean and in sanitary conditions.
- Properly follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Food Safety and Quality Programs: SQF, HACCP, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Human Safety Programs.
- Train and mentor other operators.
- Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- Work on feet up to 12 hours per day, 5-7 days per week
- Able to climb ladders.
- Perform other duties and work as directed by manager/supervisor.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- High school degree required.
- Good math, English and comprehension skills. Ability to properly complete quality documentation. Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to operate electronic systems.
- Ability to learn and to follow instruction and conform to rules with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work hands on as the majority of the responsibilities can’t be delegated.
- Must have good communication, critical thinking and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to discern quickly, capture the essence of a problem and make sound judgments must have reliable attendance.
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 900 North Linn Ave. New Hampton, IA 50659
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer nhhourly
Requisition Number: 16-0201
Post Date: 10/11/2016
Title: ESL Employee
City: New Hampton