UBS Financial Services Sr. Oracle Database Administrator in Nashville, Tennessee
Job Reference #: 141973BR
Job Type: Full Time
Your Role: Are you fluent in Oracle Database Administration? Do you not only get the technical aspects of database organization but also have the ability to communicate effectively with programmers, technicians and users? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• perform L4/SME type of activities including complex high availability and disaster recovery design and configuration, advanced performance tuning and troubleshooting, database administration, vendor management, and product readiness for production. • serve a key role in migration and ongoing support to business critical systems in investment bank as part of database as service (DBaaS) project. • work during isolation tests, BCM testing, power downs and infrastructure weekends when required. • support very large database using complex technologies such as clustering, mirroring and replication. • handle other major responsibilities including advanced performance tuning, high availability/disaster recovery selection and setup, storage and capacity management, security and audit remediation, cost efficiency & service improvement initiatives, Incident management and RCA.
Your Team: • You’ll be working in the database team in Nashville. Our role is to provide database administration support to Oracle, Sybase and SQL server databases globally covering all business streams in UBS. The database team is spread across America, Europe and Asia and operates in a global support model.
Your Experience and Skills: You have:
10+ years of experience in providing DBA support for large number of Oracle databases
• an excellent understanding of Oracle internals and Administration in 10g, 11g, and 12c.
• experience in managing Real Application Clusters (Dataguard is preferable), experience in Recovery Manager and OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) is required
• advanced performance tuning skills to identify the contention at the Database and operating system levels as well as the ability to provide quick solutions to resolve production issues
• experience in analyzing database health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages as well as the experience/ability to interpret performance metrics quickly
• a solid understanding of Unix Operating systems. Experience in Exadata technology is a plus.
• experience in application development support using PL/SQL, SQL and Unix Shell Scripting.
• experience supporting a variety of applications including high transaction volume trading systems as well as capacity planning and designing the database layout.
– a strong communicator, fluent in English, capable of dealing directly with project, business and development teams
– able to take ownership of technical projects without any direct supervision
What We Offer: Together. That’s how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We’ll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Disclaimer / Policy Statements: UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.