HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Coordinator Long Term Follow Up - Bone Marrow Transplant -- FT Days in Nashville, Tennessee
This position supports the optimization of quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Long Term Follow-Up Coordinator is responsible for providing life-long support for patients who have had a hematopoietic cell transplant. The Long Term Follow-Up Coordinator ensures that every transplant patient receives the appropriate education and information prior to being discharged from the transplant program. The Long Term Follow-Up Coordinator will remain in contact with patients to monitor the status of his or her disease for which a transplant was done, screen for and document chronic graft-versus-host disease, and ensure appropriate follow-up is provided to patients based on the type of transplant. The Long Term Follow-Up Coordinator completes appropriate data collection forms, performs necessary reporting to NMBT, CIBMTR, FACT, and other regulatory agencies. The Long Term Follow Up Coordinator works in conjunction with other members of the transplant team to prepare for FACT inspection As an expert clinician, s/he collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team to assure an organized approach to delivery of care. S/he acts as a liaison with physicians, internal / external departments and other agencies related to creation and follow through of the patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Responsible for providing life-long support for patients who have had a hematopoietic cell transplant.
- Acts as a liaison/ advocate for patient, donor, and caregivers as they navigate health care systems
- Ensures that every transplant patient receives the appropriate education and information prior to being discharged from the transplant program
- Routinely contacts patients to monitor status of disease for which transplant was done
- Routinely screens for and documents chronic graft versus host disease
- Ensures appropriate follow-up for patients based on type of transplant
- Completes appropriate data collection forms.
- Performs necessary reporting to NMBT, CIBMTR, FACT, and other regulatory agencies by defined timelines
- Develops, reviews, revises patient education materials.
- Works in conjunction with other members of the transplant team to prepare for FACT inspection
- Assists in the development of and adherence to regulatory standards, participates in regulatory /COE surveys and site visits.
- Participates in PI activities
- Performs internal audits of patient charts, TED forms, etc as requested based on annual QMP calendar
- Assists with completion of Clinical and COE RFIs (requests for information)
- Accurately enters data into defined database/ shared drive fields within designated timelines
- Attends IP and OP multidisciplinary rounds serving as an expert clinical resource to inpatient outpatient physicians and or staff
- Participates in activities that promote professional growth
Participates in marketing/community service events that promote the organization/program
Valid TN RN license
- 3-5 years oncology experience including stem cell transplant and or heme-malignancy, adult setting preferred
- Current AHA BLS
- ONS Chemotherapy Certification preferred
- BMTCN or CHTC certification required within 4 years of hire
- BSN or Master’s degree preferred
- Apheresis experience, preferred
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Coordinator Long Term Follow Up - Bone Marrow Transplant -- FT Days
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-54696