HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Director - Revenue Integrity in Nashville, Tennessee
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Job Summary –The Assistant Revenue Integrity Director is responsible to assist in managing daily operations of all functions and oversight of the RI team members and serves as the liaison between the Revenue Integrity Department of Shared Services and the facility. As a leader, this person will serve, in conjunction with the director, as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Supervise staff and provide assistance in organizing the structure of the Revenue Integrity department. Monitor and track status of Revenue Integrity responsibilities and as well as identify trends and process improvement opportunities. Establish and maintain relationships with all customers, including: SSC executive staff, RI staff, hospital executive management teams, department directors and others. Also consult with hospitals concerning daily operations and general management of the processes. This position will involve assisting in the development of educational programs, allocation of duties to employees, and monitoring the activities and operations to ensure all regulatory guidelines are met and that established goals are met within required deadlines.
Additional responsibilities include conducting onsite visits to facilities, as needed, assessing workflows and operations, drafting plans for process improvement and carrying out the implementation and follow up of improvements. Other responsibilities as assigned and/or needed.
Supervisor–Revenue Integrity Director
Supervises –RI Managers, Leads, and/or staff (in absence of manager)
Duties (included but not limited to):
· Monitor and communicate any changes regarding CMS Notifications, Local Coverage Decisions (LCD) NCD (National Coverage Determinations and HCA Government Regs to Revenue Integrity staff
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory changes impacting charging practices
· Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers
· Establish and maintain relationships with all customers, including: SSC executive staff, RI staff, hospital executive management teams, department directors and others
· Assist in consulting with management concerning daily operations and general management of the operations
· Assist in development of educational programs, allocate and assign duties to employees, and monitor the activities and operations of assigned facilities, along with staff
· Support the director in drafting summary reports and make presentations to SSC management team, facility management team and other staff, as needed
· Review and make operational recommendations, as needed
· Interpret and analyze AR Reports, such as, Bill 45, Bill 49, DET Reports across all facilities etc.
· Work diligently with SSC staff and Compliance to ensure integrity of revenue is maintained
· Adhere to all current Compliance requirements
· Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Care related If a desired applicant does not have a Bachelor's Degree the requirement can be waived IF they are currently in a Bachelor Degree program.
EXPERIENCE Minimum three years experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement with SSC Executive approval.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Requires working to meet deadlines; some evening/weekend work. Travel required. High volume, fast paced environment may be stressful. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Title: Assistant Director - Revenue Integrity
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-RI - Nashville
Requisition ID: 26012-125702