HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Accounts Payable Supervisor in Nashville, Tennessee
Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Supervisor provides supervision, leadership and direction to their assigned A/P Specialists with responsibility for all aspects of disbursement activities associated with their accounts.
Supervises– Accounts Payable Specialists
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and ensure all accounts payable documents are compiled according to established procedures
• Distribute workflow appropriately among assigned AP Specialists
• Review and approve accounts payable packages, while reconciling to the DTR, to ensure compliance to audit requirements, appropriate approvals have been obtained, correct GL accounts were used, and sales and use tax regulations were followed
• Coordinate, manage, train and evaluate AP Specialists
• Balance daily AP processing
• Receive and answer questions from staff and vendors regarding purchase order invoice data, accounts payable checks, and related matters
• Ensure that all assigned manual checks are recorded accurately and timely
• Process the OPAY report and the Suspended Voucher report, researching and resolving when necessary, and ensuring that all entries are within the appropriate time frame
• Provide training for all assigned employees
• Review and resolve all EDI discrepancies to ensure compliance with payment terms
• Ensure all voided checks are processed in a timely manner
• High school diploma or GED is required
• 3 years accounting or A/P experience is highly preferred
• Prior supervisory experience working in a high volume environment
• Ability and proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to self-motivate, work with a sense of urgency, and to prioritize tasks.
• Display a detail-oriented approach to work. • Ability to positively handle conflict.
Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Supply Chain - Nashville
Requisition ID: 07847-12037