MUFG Union Bank Lead Data Warehouse Engineer, Vice President in Monterey Park, California
About Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG)
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do.
Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Lead Data Warehouse Engineer works with Business Analysts, SMEs, ETL developers and Report developers to understand all aspects of the business data
• Responsible for querying and profiling business data to understand how business data is represented in a source or target system
• Responsible for understanding and supporting the definition of the enterprise definitions and values that are incorporated into the reporting & analysis data warehouse
• Designing database objects that are integral parts of the solution the team develops, as well as developing mapping specs for the ETL developers to follow
• Create detailed data flow diagrams that articulate the solution to complex data processing problems
• Create simple to complex SQL statements that will serve as unit test "scripts"
• Able to author documents required by the bank's system development life-cycle (SDLC) methodology, such as a detailed design document, a development unit test plan, and a functional design document, among others
• Must know how to build and maintain a data model in tools such as ERwin
• Work with Business SMEs to identify available data sources to satisfy a business unit’s needs
• Identify existing data sources or define new sources to be captured for the reporting & analysis data warehouse
• Query and profile data (both source data and data loaded into the reporting & analysis data warehouse) using simple to complex SQL statements
• Understand and translate source code values
• Document data quality issues
• Produce detailed data flow diagrams that demonstrate how data should flow through the system being developed and how it should be transformed
• Design data structures (staging, intermediate staging, Dimension, Fact, Aggregate, views, etc.) well-suited to meet the business requirements
• Apply naming conventions to database objects
• Prepare Source to Target data mapping documentation for developers
• Prepare unit test plans for STG, Dimension and Fact tables and/or views
• Test data in all environments (Dev, Tst, Prd) as required by team and/or project management
• Produce documents (detailed design document, development unit test plan, functional design document, etc.) required by the bank's SDLC
• Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience in conducting requirement analysis, functional & detail design documents along with technical specs for business rules
• Knowledge of Dimensional Data Warehousing (star schema) is a must
• Banking/Financial Services experience is strongly desired
• Advanced SQL knowledge, database knowledge and data modeling knowledge are a must
• Banking product knowledge in either core banking products (loans, deposits, forex and money market) or Capital Markets products (Derivatives, Options & Futures, Securitization and Fixed Income) is strongly desired
• Must be able to perform well in high pressure, time-sensitive environments
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Oracle a must
• Experience with SQL Server and Greenplum (PostGres) a plus
• Experience with Business Objects a big plus
• Experience with Informatica a big plus
• Experience with AutoSys a big plus
Why Work for MUFG?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
/ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. *DICE-6 /
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Lead Data Warehouse Engineer, Vice President
Location: CALIFORNIA-Monterey Park
Requisition ID: 10008918-WD