MUFG Union Bank Group Technology Manager, Managing Director in Monterey Park, California
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Wealth Markets Technology, Managing Director
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, partners with ITG management team and the Regional Banking and Wealth Markets Executives to provide technology services to enable the business meet their strategic, tactical and operational goals. Responsible for fostering an environment of collaboration and teamwork between Integrated Services for the Americas and the Regional Banking and Wealth Markets business units to ensure most appropriate and effective service delivery meets and exceeds our customer and partner expectations.
Perform duties of Senior Technical Leader, which may include multiple Sr. Systems Development and Delivery Managers. Meets with executive level management team regularly to ensure technical requests for the business are prioritized to match expectations and needs of business unit senior management. Provides consultation and is collaborative in working to provide technology solutions. This individual will develop new policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and performance of their department. Organizes for an effective structure, establishes criteria to measure department performance and the standard personnel functions associated with managerial responsibility.
Responsible for development and execution of the technology strategy plan to support the Wealth Markets business.
• Based on the needs of Wealth Markets, may manage a Deputy GTM and one or more Systems Managers responsible for ensuring that the development, maintenance, modifications and implementation of applications programs and services are performed within established time constraints.
• Evaluates incoming service requests and determines priorities with the business unit; assigns and delegates work to subordinate managers. Reviews and approves project plans and monitors work progress. Approves final packages to ensure systems adhere to corporate policies, practices and data processing standards
• May review analysis performed by business and systems analysts and subordinate managers to ensure all aspects of the project development phase have been considered.
• Familiarity and compliance with the Bank standard project methodology and guidelines is required.
• Collaborates with business unit leadership and project teams for project documentation including a Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) for any infrastructure project work being done in support of the Business Unit. This position requires the ability to measure benefit for such projects. Understands business and technical requirements, and the responsibility for the cost side of the CBA to ensure the project completes with the anticipated internal rate of return.
• Formulates long-range financial plan proposal for assigned area based on current and anticipated growth rate, staff development, changes affecting Applications Development, overall changes in the future of data processing, etc.
• Assesses the impact of new application systems, technology, physical location changes and priority changes on contingency plan. This role will be responsible for analyzing exposure/risk/vulnerability of applications to the overall success and existence to the Bank. This individual ensures that applications needed to support the essential needs of the Bank are provided in times of system failure or disaster.
• Responsible for developing short-medium term goals and objectives for staff. Will determine the most effective organization structure and specific responsibilities within that structure. Will perform the standard managerial functions such as performance appraisals, salary increases, transfers, promotions, new hires and terminations of staff members as needed. This role will also establish criteria to measure group performance.
• Assists subordinates in the long-range strategic plan by defining organizational goals and objectives, identifying the attributes and long-term needs of customer/user groups, evaluating market opportunities and threats, evaluating the capability and long-term viability of information processing equipment and supplies, application systems, data management systems, human resources, etc.
• Defines a proactive and integrated Maintenance & Support plan to ensure version and release currency with all vendor provide software packages. Creates and manages defined release schedules appropriate to enable activation of key vendor enhancements while balancing risk to the Bank
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years or 15 plus years of IT management and business/industry work experience is required; an M.B.A. or M.S. is preferred. Qualified candidate will typically have at least 10 years of experience managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams with ability to influence senior to executive level management and key stakeholders.
• Must be a strong communicator and leader. Ability to be flexible, decision oriented, and motivated to establish support from senior management. Ability to approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with a particular emphasis on delivery. Must be an exceptionally strong technologist, with a superior intellectual capacity, who is a natural leader, bringing a business perspective to the organization.
• Has a strong Technical and strategic understanding of the architecture necessary to oversee and leverage platforms in an aggressive growth environment.
• Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycles, client area functions and system, and application program development alternatives.
• Solid project development/management skills and a proven track record in managing vendor relationships and contract negotiation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Why Work for MUFG?
We are a financially strong and stable bank.
We value workplace diversity.
We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
Innovative vacation benefits.
We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Group Technology Manager, Managing Director
Location: CALIFORNIA-Monterey Park
Requisition ID: 10008966-WD