Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency Staff Nurse - Orthopaedic Clinic in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Located in downtown Minneapolis, Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) is Minnesota's premier Level 1 Adult Trauma Center and Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center. Committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families and staff, HCMC offers primary care and retail clinics throughout the Hennepin County metro area. We partner with our community, our patients and their families to ensure access to outstanding care. Our mission is to improve health and wellness through patient and community education, teaching and research.
We have a full-time Staff Nurse opening with our Orthopaedic Clinic. This position is 1.0 FTE (10) 8-hour day shifts/ 2-week pay period.
Our full-service Orthopaedic Specialty Clinic provides comprehensive care for patients with a wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions. This includes trauma and fracture care, as well as general orthopaedic issues including total joint replacement surgery, hand surgery and sports injuries. Included in the clinic is an embedded Radiology suite and experienced staff of Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeons and Orthopaedic Nurses Practitioners and a Physician’s Assistant.
Within the context of the Hennepin County Medical Center "Centered Around You" Patient & Family Centered Care practice model, and under general supervision, the registered nurse provides and coordinates nursing care by:
- Protecting, promoting wellness and optimizing health
- Triaging patients by assessing severity of symptoms and referral to appropriate setting or level of care
- Alleviating suffering through nursing interventions and prescribed treatments
- Partnering with the patient, their family and significant others
- Documenting interventions and an individualized plan of care
- Educating patient on their disease process
- Assuring continuity of care
- Educating patient and family in preventative care which promotes health and well being
- 1 year of orthopaedic clinic-based professional nursing (RN) experience
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Possession of a valid license as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of Minnesota
- Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing from an accredited college
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment. HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We’re driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for your consideration in submitting an application.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.
Department: Orthopaedic Clinic
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis-Downtown Campus
Standard Hours/FTE Status: FTE = 1.00 (80 hours per pay period)
Shift Detail: Day
Job Level: Staff
Employee Status: Regular
Eligible for Benefits: Yes
Union/Non Union: Union
Job Posting: Oct-17-2016