Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
QCD #49">Product Sales Manager
Job Code :QCD #49
Division :FCG QCD Minneapolis
Location :Minneapolis MN US 55427
% of Travel Required :30-40%
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Skill :Sales ->Territory Management, Outside
Job Description :
Responsible for developing strategies to increase Division sales and profits while providing premier customer service to the customers, distributors and field sales people. The strategies include product development, competitor and market analysis, training, managing target account programs, strategic pricing and developing target accounts .
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Colaboratesd with Division to use judgment in determining pricing, products offered, target markets and product line forecasting. Interacts with customers, product engineering, operations and quality assurance funtion.
- Establish programs and procedures to assist field sales achieving profitable volume.
- Make recommendations and evaluations on new product opportunities.
- Develop and present product training to field sales, distributors, customers, etc.
- Support field sales with information regarding pricing, sales and customer policies, monitor complaints.
- Conduct periodic market evaluations.
- Conduct competitive analysis of product lines.
- Accompany and assist field sales as required.
- Attend sales conferences, trade shows, as required.
- Assist in preparation and execution of advertising and promotional programs.
- Develop and revise product literature, catalogs, technical bulletins, etc.
- Maintain records up-to-date, by customer, for ready retrieval.
- Facilitate exchange of information between engineering and field sales management.
- Assist in the development of pricing strategies.
- Assist in the development of product and positioning strategies.
- Participate in or lead new product development teams as required.
- Applies lean principles to all processes.
- Must continuously maintain the highest degree of customer service, throughput, quality, cost reduction and people productivity
Job Requirements :
Qualifications:- 4 year college degree, preferably in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business or Related Business Management.
- 5 plus years experience in engineering or field sales of related industry
- Strong computer skills (Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Applications)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Travel up to 40%
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Offer Relocation :Maybe
Other Skills :Equal opportunity/Affirmative action employer. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.