Serco Technical Business Consul NC52105740 in Michigan
Technical Business Consul NC52105740N/a, MI, US
Job Description Works as a consulting team member or an individual technical consultant on product implementation, enhancement, integration or audit projects. Expertise and work efforts are focused on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives, needs and the general business environment to solve technical problems. Duties may be performed at customer's site. May have Business Development and budgetary responsibilities.
The successful applicant will be an IBM TRIRIGA Application Developer that has the ability to:
• Provide customer support and assist with troubleshooting of deployed functionality
• Assist with project related documentation including, design documents and training guides
• Assist in identifying integration approaches and methodologies to keep data sources and deployed application current
• Test and maintain migration and integration scripts between legacy system(s) and deployed functionality.
• Assist with the configuration and customization of TRIRIGA
• Understand and perform system migration and data movement using data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) concepts
• Develop scripts in SQL (primarily Oracle, MS SQL and Sybase dialects)
• Problem solver – be skilled in analysis and issue resolution
Required Skills Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 4-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 4 years of experience in the technology services field.
• US Citizen – ability to apply for and receive a clearance
• Deep familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, management and Team members.
• A wide degree of creativity
• Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Good communications skills - Must communicate effectively in writing and orally with all levels of technical, operational and management personnel.
• Strong customer skills - Must be able to work with all skill and interest levels in resolving user concerns.
• Strong interpersonal skills - Specifically with respect to team communication.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52105740
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Application Development & Integration
Department The Transportation & Infrastructure business unit has four main business streams - surface transportation, aviation, fleet maintenance and infrastructure services, with over 1000 personnel providing these services in the federal, state and local markets. Our transportation surface and infrastructure business includes traffic control centers, intelligent system specification, deployment and maintenance, traveler information systems, back office capabilities, program management, congestion management and general operations. Our business with state and local governments include parking management systems and technicality upgrades and parking enforcement. In addition we provide fleet maintenance services to a number of public utilities and municipal authorities.