Raymond James Investment Portfolio Associate in Memphis, Tennessee
Under direct supervision, uses specialized knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience, to assist in analyzing portfolio analytics, asset allocation and investment holdings with client portfolios and make appropriate recommendations when warranted. Provides professional support to Financial Advisors by preparing industry and company research by collecting, organizing data, writing investment-related research reports, and creating/ maintaining financial models. Regular contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collects fundamental research on related companies as requested by Financial Advisors.
• Uses analytical tools, software and methodologies to research investment products, asset allocation and comparative analysis on portfolios.
• Assists in preparation of written industry and company specific reports
• Assists in development of financial models for revenue and income forecasts.
• Assists with research and analytics used in Investment Strategy white papers for Financial Advisors.
• Assists with preparation of presentations, portfolio/equity analyses, and proposals for High Net Worth and institutional clients and prospects.
• May participate in client meetings to identify client goals and tolerances.
• Assists with developing individualized client investment strategy for Financial Advisor.
• Responds to inquiries from Financial Advisors to research and resolve issues.
• Prepares customized written industry and company specific reports upon request to Financial Advisor.
• Assists in development of financial models to forecast team revenue and income.
• Assists with preparation of scheduled and ad hoc performance reports.
• Maintains checklists for tracking periodic investment managers’ reviews by third party and independent investment manager searches.
• Generates periodic reports on investment analyses and peer group comparisons with relevant investment benchmarks for clients.
• Interfaces effectively with all levels of staff in managing portfolios.
• Completes ad hoc projects and reports as assigned.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Software necessary for portfolio analysis.
• Investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the industry.
• Principles of estate planning, trusts and securities industry operations.
• Financial markets and products.
• Effectively managing client relationships.
• Strategic planning as part of client retention focus.
• Gathering and compiling information and data.
• Preparing and delivering written and oral presentations.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Complete job duties independently, with little supervision.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Provide a high level of service.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all organizational levels.
• Participate in professional organizations and activities.
• Maintain currency in industry services and products.
• Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines and goals in a fast paced environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field; Minimum two (2) years’ experience in financial services environment with an emphasis on conducting market research and analysis.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• Series 7 and 66.
• Anticipation of earning licenses or designations may be required as needed.
Job: *Administrative & Support Services
Organization: *Private Client Group
Title: Investment Portfolio Associate
Requisition ID: 1602522