HCA, Hospital Corporation of America EP Technician Cardiac Cath Lab Full time Days in Margate, Florida
Cardiac Cath Lab / EP Lab Tech PRN / Per Diem 0.01 Northwest Medical Center Margate, Fl
Facility Description: Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel!
/Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of cardiac catheterization assessment and reassessment and implementation of the patient's orders in accordance with the department and organizational standards and policies.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs based on assessment/reassessment findings for each patient.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient status and condition to those professionals directly involved in the patient's care.
- Utilizes and integrates all available patient data in determining the proper completion of the patient's cardiac cath procedure.
- Interprets data to ascertain accuracy prior to distribution to physician for interpretation.
- Works collaboratively with other health care team members to insure patient care and to identify potential opportunities.
- Ensures correct contrast is utilized within policy guidelines and according to patient's history, weight, age and known allergies.
- Assists with patient transportation to ensure patient safety and reduce waiting time.
- Utilizes restraints with appropriate justification and documentation in accordance with Hospital policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, cardiac disease and possible treatment (under guidance of physician) of the needs of the population served.
- Performs and documents cardiac catheterization procedures required by assignment consistent with Hospital and department policies and developmental needs.
Evaluates and documents patient's response to the procedure performed and communicates difficulties experienced during the performance of the procedure to aid the physician in their diagnosis.
Must be licensed as RT, ARRT, or CCT
- 1-3 years or previous experience as a Cath Lab or EP Lab Tech
- Must have current BLS and ACLS issued from the American Heart Association
- Previous EKG experience preferred
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50lb
Title: EP Technician Cardiac Cath Lab Full time Days
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 00456-3635