HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Chest Pain Coordinator, Full Time in Macon, Georgia
Under the direction of the department director or service line administrator, the Chest Pain Center Coordinator (CPCC) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the Chest Pain Center program elements including developing, planning, assessing, and evaluating a staff & patient education, physician and EMS outreach & support and community outreach & support and community outreach & education activities. The CPC serves as clinical and/or educational support for Coliseum Medical Centers (CMC) by participating in departmental and organization-wide goal setting, monitoring and performance improvement activities as appropriate for the cardiovascular clinical specialty and specific department education support for the Emergency and Cardiac Cath Lab Departments. The CPC, works in conjunction with the Clinical and/or department leaders to plan, organize, implement, and oversee the skill and program development of the staff of CMC. The CPC, provides the opportunity to advance the professional development of both a stable and diverse group of experienced and knowledgeable nurses, as well as orient and train nurses new to CMC. The CPC participates in new hire orientation as required by the Society for Cardiovascular Patient Care. The CPC works in conjunction with the quality department and key program metrics to determine improvement strategies and educational gaps.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other allied health field. Master’s Degree in Nursing or Education is preferred.
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Individual must have a minimum of 2-4 years recent experience in their field of specialty. Individual must have experience and/or training in process improvement methodology. Individual must demonstrate competency in the three-prong areas of education, clinical/technical skills, and research.
- This individual must be a member of the Chest Pain Society within 90 days of hire and must maintain membership in the CPSA by participating in continuing education as required.
- CPCC certification should be achieved within one year of hire. Additionally, they should promote excellence and provide leadership within their area of expertise.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Title: RN Chest Pain Coordinator, Full Time
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Medical Centers - Macon
Requisition ID: 08158-8943