Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Office Automation Assistant in Louisville, Kentucky
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- 1 vacancy - Louisville, KY
Work Schedule is Full-Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (4 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 10/25/2016 (4 day(s) away)
About the Agency
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is composed of a highly motivated and diverse team dedicated to the agency's mission - to eradicate employment discrimination. Come join us and make a difference!
In this position, you will provide clerical support to various personnel using desktop computers and office automation software.
You will type and prepare a wide variety of materials from rough draft into final form. For example, you will prepare and type correspondence, reports, and other documents while assuring correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar of all material. You will also review and process incoming and or outgoing correspondence, and be responsible for establishing, updating and maintaining office records and files. You will demonstrate your customer service skills as you receive telephone calls, greet visitors, and handle referrals as necessary.
- Not Required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply)
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer system skills
In order to be considered qualified, you must also demonstrate in your resume and responses to questions at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience which is in, or directly related to, office automation and which has equipped you with the knowledge and experience to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of this work must include: (a) establishing and maintaining a filing system for office records/files; (b) using information and data to prepare forms, reports and other related communications; (c) employing office automation skills by using a desktop computer, word processor software, and standard equipment, including printers or modems to prepare charts and graphs; and (d) typing various papers and documents.
Your application will be evaluated on the following Core Competencies:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to organize and assemble documents
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm
- Proficiency in computer system skills Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translate directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Four (4) years of education above high school is fully qualifying in lieu of experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualification Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and/or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Review our benefits
- Time in Grade requirement must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- EEOC will not pay travel, transportation and relocation expenses.
- You may be required to travel and you may be required to apply for a government travel card.
- A background investigation is required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employeeguides/careertransition.asp It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. Information about an individual's employment experience will be used only to determine the person's qualifications and to assess his or her relative level of knowledge, skills and abilities. Although an individual's personal conduct may be relevant in any employment decision, including conduct during periods of unemployment or evidence of dishonesty handling financial matters, financial difficulty that has arisen through no fault of the individual will generally not itself be the basis of an unfavorable suitability or fitness determination.
Salary Range: $32,318.00 to $42,012.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0326-5/5
Promotion Potential: 5
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens and Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Control Number: 453622200
Job Announcement Number: FPLOU-16-10002050-091-TMD