MUFG Union Bank Senior Treasury Sales Manager, Director - Multinational Corporations West Coast in Los Angeles, California
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Treasury Relationship Manager provides team leadership for assigned business unit deposit strategy. Manages the prospecting and sales effort of a team of Deposit/Relationship Managers. Directs/supervises the solicitation of highly complex prospects and the retention of highly profitable clients. In some market segments, drives revenue through the total bank product set, including the sourcing and structuring of credit, capital markets, cash management and Institutional Services & Asset Management opportunities. Represents the Bank by participating in industry/trade associations and events; develops relationships with major referral sources. Responsible for department training of new Deposit/Relationship managers. Provides back-up management for Industry/Market Manager when required. Works with Line of Business or Industry/Market Manager to prepare the budget for the assigned market and/or geography. Monitors progress to budget, and reforecasts as necessary for the assigned market and/or geography.
Business Development - 55%
• Directly, or through the supervision of team members, generates new business through outside sales.
• Responsible for client acquisition and cross-selling bank products and services, and in some market segments the sourcing and structuring of credit, capital markets, cash management. and Institutional Services & Asset Management opportunities.
• Analyzes complex product proposals and pricing models; evaluates the result of recommended pricing on overall client profitability.
• Increases the Bank's market share through direct selling and by managing the sales efforts of assigned Deposit/Relationship manager team members.
• Administers and monitors a detailed sales tracking system of all team members.
• Direct responsibility to lead a structured client account retention program for team members.
Account Management - 25%
• Directly responsible for managing the most complex client relationships to increase portfolio revenues.
• Must drive profitability through direct and cross-sales of bank products and services.
• Approves exception pricing recommended by team members following the established Approval Matrix.
• Establishes professional relationships with key entity principles to increase share of wallet.
• Monitors and updates company profiles maintained in ESB to ensure adequate recordkeeping of bank relationships.
• Works with product partners to develop new product solutions based on client specific business needs and conventional treasury industry practice.
• Works with Customer Service Unit across product lines to ensure clients receive superior operational support
Risk Management - 20%
• Ensures adherence to all bank policies relative to Regulatory Compliance such as the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act and Regulations Q & X (RESPA).
• Certifies that all related forms (such as Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customers (KYC), Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS), Currency and Transaction Reporting (CTR), etc.) and related tasks are completed within assigned time periods.
• Actively participates in any required corporate and business line Compliance Training.
• Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position.
• Actively work with clients to understand each client’s normal account activity, as appropriate.
• Typically requires a degree from a four-year college (e.g., B.A., B.S.).
• Minimum 10 years of sales and relationship management experience.
• Good working knowledge of advanced outside sales and marketing techniques, bank lending policies and practices, bank operations and services, Federal and State banking regulations, and advanced knowledge of the Bank's income and cost structure used to measure profitability.
• Formal credit training required in some markets.
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) accreditation required.
• In some market segments, advanced knowledge of the total bank product set, including the sourcing and structuring of credit, capital markets, cash management and Institutional Services & Asset Management, as well as concepts and principles related to industry needed products and services.
• Supervisory management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include selling of bank services, negotiating and closing sales opportunities, and coordinating with others throughout the Bank; preparing and delivering professional grade presentations.
• Proficient in multiple standard business software applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to travel locally and regionally to business conferences and events using the most reasonable method available; extensive automobile travel, with some overnight trips, is required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job: *Corporate Banking / Relationship Management
Title: Senior Treasury Sales Manager, Director - Multinational Corporations West Coast
Location: CALIFORNIA-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 10009012-WD