Ally Financial Field Claims Analyst in Los Angeles, California
Sep 30, 2016
Appraise and/or adjust physical damage and mechanical claims within an assigned territory and key point or other assigned location for the various Ally Insurance / DP-S product lines. Train and assist other appraisers, handle sale of salvage and subrogation investigation at direction of claim office.
Previous experience as a service writer or service center manager. The right candidate will need to reside in the Los Angeles market.
- Prepare estimates and reach agreed prices for repairs on insured and claimant vehicles.
- Handle additional repair orders and special assignments for the claim offices.
- Handle large catastrophe losses and function as team leader when called upon. This may also include settlement of loss.
- Initiate the total loss handling process for conclusion by the Claim Offices.
- Assist in other geographic locations at the direction of claim management.
- Participate in training, educational activities, regulatory compliance awareness and maintain appropriate licensing and continuing education requirements.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate / Bachelor's degree in business related discipline preferred.
- 4 + years in customer service or financial services industry is needed. Prior leadership experience is needed. Education may be used as a proxy for experience.
- Ability to perform technical based activities
- Knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts.
- Leveraging technical expertise and relationships to contribute to strategy and drive business results
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insurance is a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. The business focuses on developing and maintaining robust and lasting relationships developed directly with our dealers. By partnering with them, we are best able to offer them comprehensive solutions for their business, and valuable products and services to consumers.
The business offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models, as well as other ancillary F-I products, such as our GAP and Tire - Wheel products. Ally Insurance also services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their business' succeed.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6183
POSITION LEVEL: Entry Level
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: California (Los Angeles)