Co-op services Credit Union Mortgage Manager in Livonia, Michigan
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Credit Union in achieving its mission of building trusted relationships by providing members with superior financial solutions and outstanding service. In addition, this position will direct, coordinate, and supervise the staff of the Mortgage Department. Maintain policies, procedures, and loan products, as well as, make recommendations on the setting of mortgage rates. The Mortgage Department Manager oversees loan approvals and sales to the secondary market and supports and coaches to the Credit Union's Service and Solutions Culture.
- Facilitate the transfer of mortgages sold to the secondary market.
- Comply with requirements of the secondary market such as quality control reviews.
- Maintain and review interest rate structure to ensure competitive pricing.
- Review, create, recommend and implement new and/or improved loan products.
- Supervise the activities of the Mortgage Department staff by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex issues, handing sensitive member requests, explaining and enforcing policies and procedures to both staff and members.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of monthly loan reports.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with outside vendors related to the mortgage process.
- Research, implement and manage product development.
- Handle difficult and special circumstance loan transactions and workouts.
- Attend outside functions in order to improve products and procedures or to educate others.
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Interview and counsel credit challenged members in order to restructure debt load.
- Credit analysis and response to loan applications.
- Maintain documentation and reporting requirements of Dovenmuehle.
- Ensure the timely reporting of required annual reports with Federal Government.
- Ensure the timely mailing of annual statements and escrow analysis.
- Stays informed of modifications and updates in software applications.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Keeps work area clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or study; three to five years of mortgage experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum one year in supervision, mortgage processing, underwriting, and servicing
- Thorough knowledge of the secondary market
Broad knowledge of regulations, policies, and procedures of the lending functions
Experience with loan processing software and data processing systems
- Basic knowledge of debits, credits, understanding of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, percentages and compute rates and ratios
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Personal interaction
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and motivational skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Working knowledge of Zeal Credit Union products and services
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision