Caribou Coffee Assistant Store Manager in Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Job Description At Caribou Coffee, you won't hear us talking about our vision or mission. To us, that's corporate speak. Instead, we talk aspirations, experiences and values. We aspire to be The Community Place I Love and we're committed to sharing an Extraordinary Experience that Feeds the Soul.
* Position Summary:* The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) ensures that Caribou's values and standards are upheld consistently, that each guest has the best experience possible, and ultimately drives sales in a positive direction. This position supports the Store Manager, taking on many of the managerial daily tasks. The ASM is responsible for providing a second-in-command, the ‘go to’ person for most day-to-day questions. The ASM is the backup to the Store Manager when they are not on duty. Additionally, the ASM assists the Store Manager by helping with the administrative duties when needed.
* Our Assistant Store Managers:*
- Performs all roles and duties of a Team Member.
- Models, upholds, and communicates existing and new policies, practices, and standards.
- Coaches, supports, and recognizes Team Members by providing performance feedback, including disciplinary action when necessary and sharing performance information feedback with Store Manager.
- Supports Store Manager in selection and staffing of Team Members.
- Supports Store Manager in new hire training, orientation and certification, and ongoing training and development.
- Manages shift labor by ensuring integrity and efficiency of schedule through finding replacements for absences, enforces break policies, enforces shift start and shift end times, and makes staffing adjustments when warranted.
- Solves guest, employee, and store issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensures each and every product delivered to the guest meets Caribou’s quality standards.
- Ensures all product levels are maintained.
- Places, receives, and verifies orders; conducts inventory; controls waste and dates and rotates inventory, when necessary.
- Ensures all checklists, side jobs, and cleaning projects are completed.
- Fosters teamwork to drive for results in ongoing promotions, sales building, and achieving store goals.
- Assists the Store Manager in increasing profit, sales and controlling costs.
- Assists the Store Manager in controlling operating expenses by ensuring upkeep of store and equipment.
- Assists in development of and execution of local sales building and national marketing programs.
- Responsible for all store funds while on shift by enforcing cash-handling policies.
Assists Store Manager with banking responsibilities and accounting. * Basic Job Requirements:*
High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of prior restaurant/retail experience requiring strong customer service commitment and orientation.
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. * Physical Requirements:* The physical requirements for this position are hearing, speaking, seeing, bending, reaching, lifting up to 30 pounds, and being able to stand for 4 to 8 hours, or the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Rewarding Opportunities:* We’ve got over 400 stores and we're growing fast: good news for our up-and-coming Managers. But we’re also small enough to be highly responsive to the questions and the good ideas our Managers bring to us. We embrace change, and as we evolve, we count on our Managers to keep thinking creatively, communicating with us, and taking an active part in the operational decisions that affect them.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou reserves the right to add, delete or modify these duties and responsibilities at its discretion. This job description is intended to describe the general level or work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and does not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Job number: 836815
Category: Restaurant Staff
Location: MN, Lino Lakes, 730 Apollo Dr. Suite 106