Ally Financial Team Leader - Recovery in Lewisville, Texas
Sep 15, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Servicing is part of Ally's Dealer Financial Services business and is a leading auto finance customer service organization with a portfolio of 4 million accounts. Ally is a full spectrum auto servicing organization including value streams from customer care to remarketing, and many support areas. It is a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative working environment. Our employees are focused on consistently delivering a superior customer experience.
If you enjoy leading teams and opportunities to problem-solve, then this is the right opportunity for you! You'll be helping our customers while working with close-knit teams. Every call is an opportunity for you to use your customer service and relationship building skills to develop your teams to maintain excellent services for our Ally customers. You will coach and lead your team to help our customers, while working in a fun team environment. You'll go home feeling like you made a difference and watch your team grow, develop and succeed. As a Supervisor, you'll spend your day assisting and guiding your team, speaking with customers over the phone, helping customers through their bankruptcy and finding resolutions. Every day is an opportunity for you to help your team members better serve our customers and resolve their payment issues. Visit www.ally.com to learn more Leads a centralized operation composed of Bankruptcy Specialists and other clerical support staff to efficiently perform accurate and complex functions for clients' customers involving the handling and processing of accounts involved in bankruptcy and other duties as required. Oversees the operation of computerized systems and the recording of required information. Also entails proactive, independent account research and assists other departments with resolution of customer concerns. This position works collaboratively with other departments across value streams to ensure that customer needs are fulfilled and site metrics are met. Provides development, motivation, and recognition for subordinate staff. Likely involved in recruitment, workforce planning, and performance management. Coordinates projects and functions. Ensures compliance with Company Policies and Procedures as well as related Regulatory requirements.
Prioritize and provide daily direction and communication to employees. Independently addresses and resolves complex customer and employee questions/issues.
- Handles escalated accounts and updates data with accurate and complete information. Create, analyze, and monitor work performance through reports and software.
- Ensure timekeeping and other HR Portal functions are accurate. Monitors policy and procedure compliance and abides by the Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Recommends and encourages employees to seek innovative improvements to processes in order to improve team performance and effectiveness.
- Provides development, performance management, and constructive coaching on a regular basis.
- Skilled in multiple disciplines within the business
- Maintain strict confidentiality with customer, employee, and company information.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Keep current with client developments affecting customer service and with company policies by reading daily updates. Effectively and accurately communicates same to subordinate staff.
- Find innovative solutions to more complex or difficult issues with minimal escalation to higher level call center service staff.**
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 + years experience in the Collections and/or Financial industries required; Supervisory and/or Bankruptcy experience preferred. Prior leadership experience is preferred. Associate / Bachelor's degree in business related discipline preferred. Education may be used as a proxy for experience.
- Product knowledge
- Strong verbal - written communication
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use judgment to make supportable recommendations
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask
- Familiar with company policies - procedures
- Attention to detail
- Professional phone etiquette
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6153
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Texas (Lewisville)