HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiology Tech PRN in Lees Summit, Missouri
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES- Under the direction of a Physician, the Radiology Tech performs a variety of diagnostic radiographic procedures in compliance with established protocols to promote positive patient outcomes.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completes duties according to the requirements of each procedure requiring radiological support.
- Assembles necessary supplies and positioning aids for scheduling procedures according to physician’s preference card.
- Tests and monitors equipment for proper working condition.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and direction.
- Documents records and other forms, accurately adhering to approved policies/procedures.
- Confirms that all persons in the room are appropriately shielded before activating x-ray.
- Communicates information about the patient’s status to other persons responsible for patient care.
- Applies the prescribed procedures to competently perform radiology technician functions.
- Follows principles of aseptic technique in performing duties during the procedure.
- Remains available during the procedure to provide timely responses to physician or patient needs.
- Follows manufacturer’s specifications and OSHA guidelines when performing x-ray procedure.
- Performs required maintenance of instruments, supplies, and equipment by adhering to cleaning care, storage, and calibration procedures as directed.
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide appropriate availability and safety.
- Maintains adequate supplies to provide immediate availability during the procedure.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Actively participates in staff orientation, training, education programs, performance improvement, and quality control activities and initiatives.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Completes on-going continual education to improve job performance, maintain licensure/certification/registration, and stays abreast of current trends and practices.
- Meets established goals and objectives
- Follows through with work assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge in detecting adverse symptomology relating to procedures or contrast related problems.
- Ability to set-up and operate a diverse variety of radiographic equipment.
- Displays knowledge of the theory, techniques of radiography, the operation and care of radiographic equipment and the principles of radiation safety.
- Displays high degree of working knowledge of the imaging equipment utilized.
- Knowledge of, observes, and complies with Center safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard precautions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, follow and comprehend both written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions and seeks guidance as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to complete work within appropriate time frame and perform accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work loads and high stress.
Demonstrates a through knowledge of work practices, policies, and procedures. AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
*Age Groups: *Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 13 years (childhood), 13 - 16 years (adolescent), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 – Life Span (geriatric)
*EDUCATION: *Graduate of accredited school of radiology (required).
*EXPERIENCE: *Minimum two (2) years required; preferably in an operating room or surgery center setting.
*CERTIFICATE/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: *ARRT (R), BLS required; state license as required; Specialty certifications may be required as per state guidelines and/or modality.
Title: Radiology Tech PRN
Location: Missouri-Lees Summit-Midwest Pain Management Center
Requisition ID: 26660-1325