Aon Corporation * Actuarial Associate Consultant * (Leeds/Manchester, UK) in Leeds, United Kingdom
Empower what’s next for your actuarial career
We are seeking talented and ambitious part qualified pensions actuaries to join our team in Leeds/Manchester. You will be primarily responsible for contributing to the overall delivery of exceptional client service, either directly or in support of senior team members.
Due to growing demand for our services, we are looking for highly capable individuals with innovative approaches to problem-solving, strong mathematical backgrounds and an unerring commitment to quality. You’ll help us deliver and design best-in-class strategies for our clients.
**_In return, we’ll help you become a true expert, by offering you rotations through our Corporate and Trustee consulting groups, as well as the chance to work day to day with the specialist teams within our joint Retirement & Investment division (such as risk settlement, longevity modelling, investment, delegated consulting & DC). The opportunities to progress your career and gain exposure here at Aon are endless. We are market leaders in all of these fields, continually utilising exciting technology and innovating solutions for our diverse client base.
**_In addition we will provide you with market leading study support, structured development programme and the work life balance that you require to succeed.
About the Role
- Supporting our consultants to provide expert, timely, efficient and professional delivery of services to our clients.
- Taking responsibility for the production (quality, timeliness and budget) of work for allocated clients. This includes undertaking and checking complex technical calculations (as appropriate to competence and experience) and drafting reports and advice papers.
- Playing an active part in service delivery as part of the client team and involve others in identifying service improvements where appropriate.
- Building strong relationships externally with our clients and internally with your colleagues.
- Attending client conference calls and meetings for personal development purposes and to support the Actuary / Client Manager.
- Taking responsibility to keep up to date with changes in the employee benefits environment and Aon Hewitt’s propositions.
- Taking part in setting and negotiating fees where appropriate with the Actuary / Client Manager.
- Ensuring appropriate legislative, regulatory, business and professional standards are followed.
- Progressing through your professional qualifications and being responsible for own development
- Graduate, numerate degree
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience (retirement/pensions)
- Actuarial consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability.
- Ability to deliver effective client service to multiple clients within agreed financial and time budgets.
- Experience/track record in relationship management.
- Good understanding of employee benefits / occupational pension provision.
**Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon employs over 72,000 employees around the globe, offering global insurance, reinsurance, risk management and human resources job opportunities that will encourage growth, diversity and culture within your career. We will offer you great study support to work towards your actuarial qualifications with a structured career development programme, including valuable mentoring.
Aon Hewitt, a division of Aon plc, is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. We help clients mitigate retirement plan risks with timely, accurate and cost effective actuarial services. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer clients big picture insight into their pension plans and help them make informed, strategic decisions about plan options, improvements, innovations and possibilities.
Job number: 11886
Location: United Kingdom, NRT, Leeds