Olympic Steel SHOP HELPER (1st Shift) - Latrobe, PA in Latrobe, Pennsylvania
SHOP HELPER (1st Shift) - Latrobe, PA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical / dental, 401(k) and profit sharing.
ResponsibilitiesThe Shop Helper position safely performs position specific responsibilities in line with Olympic Steel’s Core Values to ensure the highest level of productivity and quality while adhering to all relevant company policies and procedures. Is a safety leader at all times by personally observing all safety requirements and ensuring compliance from co-workers and visitors. Supports and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and strives to improve safety, quality, and efficiency in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for all job tasks required to support production processes. These activities may include cutting machine support, movement of work-in-progress material on the production floor, in-house secondary operations, finished goods staging, truck loading, raw material receiving and raw material and finished goods preparation and management.
Qualifications• High School or GED equivalent.
• Ability to read customer part prints or the successful completion of print reading class.
• Successful completion of the appropriate work center training program(s).
• Successful completion of any applicable machine proficiency test.
• Proper use and care of precision instruments.
• Precisely follow detailed and extensive instructions.
• Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
• General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices.
• Basic math skills.
• Proven reliability.
• Self-motivated with ability to work under general supervision.
• Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
• Team oriented with effective communication skills.
• Fine motor and gross motor coordination.
• Functional literacy.
• Working knowledge of general computer programs.
• Previous experience with precision instruments.
Contact:Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below. Resumes will not be accepted without a complete application, thank you.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.