HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Infection Control Practitioner (PRN) - Registered Nurse RN in Largo, Florida
The Infection Control Practitioner coordinates the hospital’s Infection Control/Employee Health program in compliance with the established policies, procedures and standards of care. Provides surveillance and education relative to the prevention, detection, identification and control of infectious/communicable diseases within the hospital.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Performs assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Infection Control Plan in accordance with regulatory agencies and all federal and state requirements.
* Assesses employees and their environment for injury/illness risks and implements appropriate safety precautions and follow up procedures.
* Assesses patients for risk of transmission or exposure to infections and implements appropriate safety precautions and follow up procedures.
* Utilizes and integrates all available pertinent data in developing Infection Control Plan that meets the needs of all customers.
* Interprets data to determine when patients or employees are at acute risk for infection and takes appropriate measures including notifying physician and/or Department Director.
* Continuously prioritizes patient/health care worker’s needs based on assessment/reassessment findings relating to the prevention or spread of disease. * Coordinates the patient's care and identified needs with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the specific patient/health care worker population of the organization. * Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
* Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physician(s) and Department Director and/or appropriate agency.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience. * Conducts surveillance, reporting, data analysis and HAI prevention using NHSN criteria, CDC guidelines. Complies with CMS, notifiable diseases and organizational reporting requirements.
Education: Completion of RN Diploma program or related health care program from accredited program, college or university
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
At least three years of recent acute care nursing experience required Two years previous experience in Infection Control preferred
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
Title: Infection Control Practitioner (PRN) - Registered Nurse RN
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center- Largo
Requisition ID: 00144-10055