HCA, Hospital Corporation of America GME (Graduate Medical Education) Program Coordinator in Largo, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Director in developing and maintaining the educational quality of the training program and ensuring compliance with ACGME and/or AOA accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements.
Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, Journal Club, etc.) that support the program’s curriculum in accordance with ACGME and AOA requirements.
- Provides guidance to residents/fellows on program and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program. Establishes and disseminates annual rotation, academic, clinic and call schedules. Manages dissemination and completion of resident/fellow, faculty, and program evaluations.
- Develops departmental and program policies and procedures as required. Ensures compliance with departmental and GME policies and procedures. Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process. Assists in planning, developing, and implementing residency/fellowship program quality improvement projects.
- Provides administrative support and optimizes time; maintains and manages daily schedule. Composes, prepares and manages all office correspondence, and hospital policies and procedures. Coordinates, and prioritizes mail and other correspondence for review. Manages travel itineraries.
- Courteously facilitates and handles requests, complaints and communications with staff, physicians, and guests. Demonstrates a service orientation in all interactions with internal and external customers use key words at key times. Exercises good judgment, discretion and diplomacy in communications. Prepares meeting minutes.
- Ensures departmental files, policy and procedure manuals, protocols, and reports for various hospital, state and federal organizations are maintained and up to date.
Functions as a liaison between the PD, residents/fellows, GME Office, participating sites, and other departments, and must be knowledgeable about activities at the various training sites in which the residents/fellows rotate.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); Bachelor’s degree desired.
- One year previous experience in administration and/or office management in an academic health care setting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Powerpoint
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Title: GME (Graduate Medical Education) Program Coordinator
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center - Indian Rocks
Requisition ID: 26709-10083