Columbia Sportswear Company *New Store* - Store Manager - Laredo, TX in Laredo, Texas
*New Store* - Store Manager - Laredo, TX
United States, Texas, Laredo
1000021C Requisition #
Sep 29, 2016 Post Date
Bilingual in English & Spanish Preferred
General Position Summary:
The Store Manager is charged with driving our company mission : “Connecting Active People With Their Passions.” The Store Manager is a leader of people and a manager of business, entrusted with the overall leadership and direct management of the store team to ensure our customers receive a premium customer experience. The Store Manager ensures efficient store operating standards such as product flow, seasonal promotions and visual merchandising and is counted on for collaboration and feedback on recommendations for positive change. The Store Manager ensures sales and KPI results are delivered as expected. The Store Manager leads the store team with full supervisory responsibility for all store staff. Supervisory responsibility includes all aspects of employee development and performance management, including hiring, training, development, and performance reviews, as well as employee coaching and/or discipline.
- Control budgetary expenses. Full P&L responsibility.
- Develop and maintain operating budget(s), and manage expense control within division guidelines to deliver positive results.
- Manage all the day-to-day activities of the Retail Store to ensure its efficient, profitable and customer-oriented sales operation.
- Oversee all in-store daily activities to achieve sales, service and profitability objectives.
- Through training and audit processes, ensure accuracy of opening and closing procedures, cashiering and returns, back-of-house operations, and all other functions related to store operations.
- Perform timely completion of all recordkeeping associated with applicants, new hires, payroll, performance appraisals, salary reviews, counselling, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Staff store adequately to ensure a positive customer experience while maintaining labor management guidelines.
- Ensure consistent implementation of operating standards including product flow planning and execution, markdowns and seasonal promotions, marketing or in-store initiatives and visual presentation.
- Maintain appropriate lean inventories through managing turn and replenishment.
- Minimize shrink through maintaining operational policies, accurate paperwork, efficient processes and exceptional customer service.
Compete To Win:
- Develop store goals and executable strategies to accomplish these goals. Continually track and monitor performance and progress towards the goals and communicate regularly with the team to evaluate progress and accomplishments.
- Communicate monthly store P&L results to Store Management Team.
- Develop and implement motivational incentives for sales staff. Track employee results and modify goals accordingly.
- Identify current and future customer requirements and ensure the availability of merchandise and services.
- Develop and implement action plans to address any issues relating to store sales, goals, safety, training and personnel development.
Doing the Right Thing:
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear Company management, merchandising staff, all other internal departments and outside suppliers in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Act with integrity as a leader in the organization and embrace company ethics and values.
- Adhere to core values and create an environment of respect and trust in the store.
- Play a strategic role in The Company's retail division by providing effective leadership to the staff while encouraging employee training/development and maintaining performance guidelines.
- Hire, train, evaluate and coach staff as necessary to maintain a high level of service and quality.
- Provide effective training in the areas of customer service, product knowledge, inventory management, sales development and visual merchandising.
- Communicate with District Manager and other in store and district leaders on a weekly basis providing relevant market information as well as store and employee success with regards to sales and customer service.
- Develop bench strength and career paths within the store. Motivate and develop staff in an effort ensure a pool of potential Store Managers/ Supervisors to help meet long range growth plans of the retail division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide input into developing store practices and procedures.
- Duties are performed with only general directions and goals and work is checked or verified more by results.
- Decisions are made within general company policy constraints. Errors in judgment could affect the profitability of the outlet store and discredit the company's reputation with its customers.
- Handle more complex and unusual issues that cannot be resolved by direct reports.
- Make recommendations for changes to department policies and procedures and make decisions impacting the efficiency and effectiveness of the work group.
- Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Internal contacts frequently include the VP of Retail and Senior level corporate management, National Store Operations Manager, Product Merchandise team, Safety and security, and HR teams.
- External contacts frequently include customers and supply vendors.
- Interactions tend to focus on providing daily direction, providing assistance, information exchange and training.
- Contacts sometimes include sensitive or confidential personnel information. Incumbent often initiates communication on his/her own through various means including phone, email, and face-to-face interaction.
Supervisory Responsibility :
- Job includes full supervisory responsibility for the Store Assistant Manager(s), Supervisors, and Store Staff.
- Supervisory responsibility includes employee evaluation, employee coaching, counselling and/or discipline, approving timecards, overtime, absences, and making any recommendations for hiring, terminations, pay changes, job changes, and training.
Specific Job Skills:
- Must possess strong business acumen and thorough knowledge of retail management practices. This includes but is not limited to: personnel scheduling, payroll budgeting, sales forecasting, inventory control and warehouse operations.
- The incumbent should have a strong background in advanced retail sales techniques and customer service, with the ability to train others in these areas.
- The incumbent must also have the ability to build a cohesive team and create strong morale by utilizing proven leadership, motivational and coaching techniques.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities are required for success, as well as the ability to use good judgement and make strong independent decisions.
- Skills in operating personal computers, POS systems and various software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel are needed.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak, and understand English.
- Basic math ability.
- Mental ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with other company personnel and customers, provide coaching and mentoring to staff, troubleshoot, solve problems, make decisions independently, operate independently and with discretion, and work effectivelyunder pressure.
- High school degree or equivalent. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Min. of 1-3 years of management experience
- 3-5 years of retail store management experience is required.
- Retail experience must include the use of advanced retail management practices: front end and back end operations, merchandising, sales leadership, team leadership and people management.
- Must have experience managing supervisors/leads as well as individual contributors.
- Experience required in a fast pace high volume retail environment.
- Apparel experience strongly preferred.
- Job will require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 45 hours per week. Must be available to work a flexible store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
- Occasionally required to stand for long periods of time.
- Job pressure exists in meeting store goals and managing personal and others' time.
- Willlingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Exposure to a computer CRT.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computerized cash register, computer hardware/software including keyboard, and type.
- Sit and stand for extended periods of time, move freely around store.
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.