USM, An EMCOR Company Mechanical Estimator in Lafayette, Indiana
About Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design/Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform over $550 million of construction projects per year with over 1,800 employees throughout 49 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced engineering staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their engineering knowledge and gain valuable work experience.
Shambaugh & Son is proud to be the Design-Builder of 5 U.S. Food Plant of the Year award winning facilities since 1990! No one else in the U.S. has been recognized more than twice. We have reached this seemingly impossible achievement by not only building buildings so our clients can build their business, but by striving for excellence in everything we do! We bring “value added” with not only our unique Design-Build, self-perform approach, but leverage our industry’s #1 Food Plant experienced team to design streamlined, significantly more efficient plants and improved processes.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry’s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Title:Mechanical Estimator
This position will estimate mechanical work within our Ed Grace Division Mechanical group. This position will help lead to the success of Shambaugh and Son, L.P. by producing quality, competitive mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing estimates in an ever changing economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the search and selection of project opportunities for bidding.
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required, with sometimes-limited information.
- Review and understand all of the project bid documents.
- Request bid documents and bid bonds as required to prepare bid.
- Locate, notify and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors for quotations on outsourced work.
- Complete the estimate takeoff, using on-screen computer estimating, within time deadlines.
- Work as a team with other estimators, company divisions, and departments.
- Compile and finalize the estimate within time deadline and participate in team reviews with management prior to bid day.
- Evaluate bids of subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, schedule, compliance with specifications, or other bid requirements.
- Prepare value engineering analysis in anticipation of the customer’s best interest.
- Develop the scope of work narrative.
- Assist field operations with the estimate after bid award through an effective turnover meeting.
- Meet proposal due date schedules.
- Anticipate requirements of producing estimates with little information given.
- Able to see the overall requirements of customer satisfaction without losing sight of the details.
- 10+ years Mechanical estimating background with industrial, HVAC, process piping, and plumbing estimating including extensive knowledge of those systems.
- Thorough knowledge of estimating both Design-Build and plan spec projects.
- Computer literate and comfortable with spreadsheets and computerized on-screen takeoff programs.
- Produce accurate, timely and competitive estimates with minimal data.
- Anticipate requirements and cost components of Design Build project.
- Excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, subcontractors, general contractors and owners.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Mechanical Estimator
Date Posted: 4/15/2016
Location: Lafayette, IN
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1248756418