MUFG Union Bank Wholesale Loan Operations- Analyst in Jersey City, New Jersey
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Wholesale Loan Operations, Analyst
This position has responsibility for Managing a portfolio of lending transactions and performing all the Loan Servicing activities required.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Strong knowledge of the Syndicated and Commercial Loan products and markets
• Understands legal documentation supporting these products
• Understands market conventions for managing these products
• In depth knowledge of market initiatives to streamline and automate the settlement and servicing for Loans
Strong knowledge of E2E operations related to Syndicated, Commercial Loan and Securitized product markets:
• Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for Syndicated and Commercial loans and ensure all transactions within Corporate Loan Operations (CLO) are handled properly in order to minimize bank’s exposure to operational risks and to protect the bank from losses by ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures concerning loans, letters of credit.
• Management of all products currently handled by Wholesale CLO Operations including syndicated lending, securitization, supply chain and receivables finance, trade settlement
• Management of all loan servicing activities including but not limited to: New Loans, Advances, rollovers, repayments of Principal, interest and fees, pricing and fee changes
• Knowledge of wire transfer systems
• Ensure we provide our customers with “best in class” service
• Ensures all daily, monthly and periodic controls are being followed.
• Ensure all operational Service Level Agreements are being met
Expertise in continuously reviewing workflow and recommended organizational changes
Ensures adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, Customer identification Program, Know Your Customer, Suspicious Activity Reports
Periodically reviews the relevant procedures to ensure appropriate control and consistency with Head Office guidelines and bank regulations
Actively participate in and direct all CLO sponsored initiatives as required.
Ensure all departmental structural and procedural changes are implemented where necessary
• Knowledge of a broad range of financial products: ability to make good judgments and have a tact for solving problems; ability to effectively deal with customers, investors/lenders/Agent banks, relationship managers and syndications teams.
• Have the ability to assess risk and the exercise judgment concerning complex problems relating to loans and letters of credit.
• Knowledge and experience working in a Loan Operations team
• Good working knowledge of various Lending systems (ACBS,AFS,OVS )
• Expertise in continuously reviewing workflow and recommended organizational changes
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a commercial banking environment or related industry
• 4 year college degree required or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Why Work for MUFG N.A.?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• Innovative vacation benefits.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
Title: Wholesale Loan Operations- Analyst
Location: NEW JERSEY-Jersey City
Requisition ID: 10010303-WD