MUFG Union Bank Sr. Systems Engineer (Windows) - Assistant Vice President in Jersey City, New Jersey
About Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG)
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do.
Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
- Align technology roadmap with business strategy. Ensure alignment of business requirements to technology solutions. - Contribute to architecture based on deep domain experience of HW/DB/storage/etc. Building new environments. Make new environment operational for pilot review. - Execute provisioning and day to day support. Functioning with good capacity and performance. Monitoring errors, Downtime, System monitoring alerts, Respond to applications or business owners, if problems Tuning and performance. - Provide 24/7, 365 response, Tuning and performance, proactive issues to maintain infrastructure, troubleshooting/repair, address issues that come up from user requests, installs, configurations, etc. Diagnosing cause and fixing/problem determination responding to tickets. - Proactively maintain infrastructure and address issues before they become problems. - Maintain awareness of product, assimilate product into the environment, proactive monitoring of alarming parameters. - Collect information on project unit performance and run status meetings, communicate priorities to staff to they can organize their work accordingly, develop work breakdown structure for projects, Provide oversight on projects and governance on client, MUFG and regulatory requirements, Maintain emphasis on the importance of maintenance, interoperability, integration, etc. to ensure business continuity and performance. - Act as liaison to the business, Coordinate with peers across IT functional units to ensure alignment. - Contribute to business planning discussion with clients and internal IT functional units, Build roadmaps for IT/MIS growth to coincide with growth of business, interpret and translate business requirements into IT services and projects. - Contribute to CIO and architectural planning discussions on IT technology investments. Act as technology lead as needed in domain or technical areas where he/she has technical expertise. Discuss strategy for vendors and their technologies, ensure integration and security of technologies.
Windows Systems Engineer position requiring proven enterprise level experience in large-scale, multi-data center, multi-platform and distributed computing environments. The ideal candidate will be supporting and administrating the following technologies: Windows Server operating systems 2008 /2012, SCCM 2007/2012, Active Directory 2008, Exchange 2010 and desktop technologies.
The candidate provides third-level escalation support for incident management across the enterprise, including 7x24x365 systems availability.
•Configure, tune, optimize, update, and troubleshoot servers - Windows server 2003, 2008, and 2012
•Manage, support and maintain Active Directory 2003/2008 – DNS, DHCP, AD replication, GPO
•Manage, support and maintain Cisco UCS server environment
•Keep current on technology trends and develop standards and guidelines that help guide the design of enterprise infrastructure
•Monitor, evaluate, and solve potential hardware and software performance issues
•Manage and lead small to medium size Infrastructure related projects
•Plan and support Disaster Recovery tests bi-annually
•Participate/Lead weekend server security patching
•Scripting with PowerShell, VBScript a plus.
•Microsoft Services: Active Directory
•Microsoft Applications: Exchange, SharePoint, SQL
•Hardware: Cisco UCS, HP rack mount & blade servers
•Storage Arrays: EMC, HP
•Virtualization Infrastructure: VMware vSphere, Citrix Xenserver, Microsoft Hyper-V
•Servers Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012
•Tools – SCCM, SCOM, MOM
•Provide 3rd level technical support for business mobility solutions (iPhone, Android, tablets)
•Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering or information systems field OR four or more years of technical experience
•Six or more years of Windows OS and Active Directory experience
•Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
•Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and PowerShell technologies
Why Work for MUFG?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer (Windows) - Assistant Vice President
Location: NEW JERSEY-Jersey City
Requisition ID: 10009631-WD