MUFG Union Bank Data Warehouse Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President in Jersey City, New Jersey
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Data Warehouse Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
A Data Warehouse Technical Business Analyst with a thorough understanding of core banking products such as deposits, loans, and treasury. Assess the intended outcomes of business, technical, quality, and security requirements and liaise with business users, the Data Management Organization, the Information Management Department, and other stakeholder to achieve the intended outcomes while following the banks processes, standards, and procedures.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Function as data SME and supply business knowledge on required subject-areas and systems
• Handle user inquires and production support
• Act as liaison between business users (front, middle, DMO, operations) and the Information Management Department (verticals and horizontals), and if necessary with other technical teams
• Gather, elicit, analyze, document, and translate business requirements (functional and non-functional) into technical specifications and other supporting documentation
o Create and maintain functional design document, non-functional design document, detailed design documents, test plans, test scripts, cases
o Conduct and document impact analysis, gap analysis, data analysis and testing.
o Create and maintain technical specifications, flowcharts, mapping specifications, data dictionaries, metadata, and lineage documents
• Coordinate DUT/SIT/UAT/DR/regression testing activities
• Create and maintain design library, product matrices, business glossaries, and other required documentation for data quality and data governance initiatives
• Conduct trainings and knowledge sharing sessions
• Ensure best practices, standards, processes, and procedures are followed
• Expertise in business analysis, systems analysis, and data analysis in the banking domain. (5 years)
• Experienced in complex large-scale data warehouse projects, data integration projects, and/or business intelligence projects. (3 years)
• Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, coordination, documentation, analytical, problem solving, leadership, and time management skills.
• Hands-on advanced SQL and advanced Excel functions. (3 years)
• Experience using reporting tools such as Business Objects, OBIEE, or Qlikview. (3 years)
• Experienced in waterfall and agile SDLC methodologies. (3 years)
• UML experience and knowledge a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Why Work for MUFG N.A.?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• Innovative vacation benefits.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
Job: *Systems / Technology
Title: Data Warehouse Business Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Location: NEW JERSEY-Jersey City
Requisition ID: 10010240-WD