MUFG Union Bank Corporate Banking Operations Officer/Analyst in Jersey City, New Jersey
Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better—from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world’s most trusted financial group.
Corporate Banking Operations, Analyst/Officer
We are looking for someone that has in depth knowledge of Commodity Finance, Syndications, Trade Finance and Loan Workout related facilities as well as risk transactions. We are also looking for someone with a background in reviewing workflow and recommending organizational change. Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for commodity structure and ensure all transactions within Loan Administration Department are handled properly in order to minimize bank’s exposure to operational risks and to protect the bank from losses by ensuring compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures concerning loans and letters of credit is a must.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Ensure credit lines are reviewed and on-boarded to bank systems in a timely manner
• Authorize booking of credit facilities and disbursements
• Review amendment documents and provide instructions for back office to complete facility update
• Assist management with projects for all Headquarters for the Americas sponsored initiatives; where necessary, assist with design and implementation of the department’s structural and procedural changes
• Ensures adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, Customer identification Program, Know Your Customer, Suspicious Activity Reports
• Periodically reviews the relevant procedures to ensure appropriate control and consistency with Head Office guidelines and bank regulations
• 1-3 years experience in a commercial banking environment including 1-3 years of experience in reviewing/approving transactions in a bank operations/Middle Office environment
• Knowledge of a broad range of financial products: ability to make good judgments and have tact for solving problems; ability to effectively deal with internal clients and relationship managers
• Some supervisory experience is required
• Must possess strong managerial and credit skills
• Have the ability to assess risk and the exercise judgment concerning complex problems relating to loans and letters of credit
• Prior experience with reviewing Loan Agreements a working with business units and back office teams to coordinate deal closings
• A team player coupled with the ability to motivate and support staff in order to achieve high performance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Why Work for MUFG N.A.?
• We are a financially strong and stable bank.
• We value workplace diversity.
• We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
• Innovative vacation benefits.
• We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
Title: Corporate Banking Operations Officer/Analyst
Location: NEW JERSEY-Jersey City
Requisition ID: 10009499-WD