USM, An EMCOR Company Carpenter in Jacksonville, Florida
Skilled Carpenter and Crate Builder
About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Job Title: Carpenter
We are currently seeking a skilled Carpenter to work as part of a maintenance team for a large, local manufacturing company. This position is hands on in the manufacturing of variably sized wood crates for material shipping. Responsibilities will include initial measurements and prep, standardizing, and finishing.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, or plans for information pertaining to type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, etc.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with a carpenter's level.
- Erects framework for structures.
- Works within precise standards of accuracy.
- Review and compare differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects.
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects.
- Follow directions, plans, and blueprints.
- Lift and carry objects of varying weights.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must have 2 years verifiable experience working in the carpentry industry. Experience building cabinets a plus. Must have good basic math skills and be able to take precise measurements for accurate tolerances. Must have experience and the ability to use carpentry related power tools and associated equipment. Must be mechanically inclined and detail oriented. Must be able to multitask. Must at all times work within local code and site safety mandates. Must invest oneself is safe work practices and company core values. Must be able to wear required PPE for work area / environment.Ability to perform manual labor including bending stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to perform activities such as overhead lifting, twisting and bending, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing PPE, and working in confined spaces. Ability to work cooperatively with others. Excellent work history and attendance record. Extensive Background Check and Drug Screen Required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Job Title: Carpenter
Date Posted: 11/19/2015
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: EB-1186912206