HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President of Business Development in Irving, Texas
As one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and 125 freestanding surgery centers. Our Ambulatory Surgery Division is in search of a Vice President of Business Development. Through our dedication to providing the finest quality of care that provides an optimal patient experience, we have earned the reputation of being a top performer in the outpatient surgery space. Our centers are jointly owned by physicians and HCA. The success of the partnerships has translated into high levels of organic growth as well as the addition of new centers through acquisition.
The primary focus of the Vice President of Business Development is to identify and pursue transaction opportunities, to create and evaluate business cases for all types of major transactions including de novo development projects, acquisitions, and significant partnership transactions within the ASD. Then, use all available resources to drive these projects to conclusion. This position has extremely high visibility to the CEO level of HCA and consistent interaction with the President of the ASD. As a result, the selected candidate will need to be based out of our Dallas, Texas corporate office that is conveniently located adjacent to the Galleria Mall. There will be at least 50% travel.
The compensation consists of a base salary, stock grants, PEP bonus, and comprehensive benefits including a matching 401k that grows incrementally over time from 3%-9% company match. As we are a part of HCA, there are also discounts available related to healthcare, hotels, cellular phones, and a variety of others.
The best part about us is our culture. We take a lot of pride in our work and are truly dedicated to creating a positive working environment. Interviews are being set immediately and you are encouraged to apply today!
- Working with ASD leadership and HCA leadership within selected markets to identify and prioritize ASC acquisition and de novo development opportunities.
- Analyzing opportunities to acquire or develop new ASCs, determining the propriety of each potential target and packaging business cases for senior management review. Working with the ASD SVP Business Development, ASD VPs Business Development, ASD leadership, and HCA corporate leadership to gain approvals for capital required to complete such projects.
- Managing the preparation of pro forma financial statements for all development project types. Managing the preparation of approval packages for surgery center development and expansions in excess of $1 million.
- Working with the Facility Planning, Construction, and Real Estate departments in order to evaluate and recommend facility options.
- Working with the corporate Finance and Treasury departments to evaluate and recommend financing alternatives.
- Conducting and managing due diligence activities.
- Working closely with internal and external legal counsel to develop, negotiate, and execute definitive agreements for all transaction types.
- Tracking the performance of centers post transaction.
- Managing, training, and developing other members of the ASD Development team.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria: * Undergraduate degree; graduate degree (MBA, MHA) preferred. * 10 years professional experience. * 5 years healthcare financial experience. * Relevant development and acquisition experience. * Prior work experience with ambulatory surgery centers preferred. * Ability to make presentations to physicians and senior management. * Ability to create deal structures that are appropriate for a wide variety of scenarios. #CB
Title: Vice President of Business Development
Location: Texas-Irving-North Texas Division Office
Requisition ID: 10211-18970