HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Infection Control Practitioner - Registered Nurse RN in Inverness, Florida
Citrus Memorial Hospital was founded in 1957 as the area’s first healthcare institution for residents in Citrus and surrounding counties. Over the years, Citrus Memorial has seen a lot of growth. What started as a small hospital began to grow in the 1970s when a bed tower was added to the facility. After that addition, a boom began. A second bed tower, medical office building and primary care offices throughout the county were built. Two walk-in clinics, multiple rehabilitation centers and several laboratory collection centers later – Citrus Memorial has become the second largest employer in Citrus County and a beacon of hope for our community.
The Infection Control Practitioner coordinates the hospital’s Infection Control/Employee Health program in compliance with the established policies, procedures and standards of care. Provides surveillance and education relative to the prevention, detection, identification and control of infectious/communicable diseases within the hospital.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Performs assessment, reassessment, development and implementation of the Infection Control Plan in accordance with regulatory agencies and all federal and state requirements.
* Assesses employees and their environment for injury/illness risks and implements appropriate safety precautions and follow up procedures.
* Assesses patients for risk of transmission or exposure to infections and implements appropriate safety precautions and follow up procedures.
* Utilizes and integrates all available pertinent data in developing Infection Control Plan that meets the needs of all customers.
* Interprets data to determine when patients or employees are at acute risk for infection and takes appropriate measures including notifying physician and/or Department Director.
* Continuously prioritizes patient/health care worker’s needs based on assessment/reassessment findings relating to the prevention or spread of disease. * Coordinates the patient's care and identified needs with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the specific conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for the specific patient/health care worker population of the organization. * Accurately documents the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
* Recognizes and reports signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to physician(s) and Department Director and/or appropriate agency.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience. * Conducts surveillance, reporting, data analysis and HAI prevention using NHSN criteria, CDC guidelines. Complies with CMS, notifiable diseases and organizational reporting requirements.
Education: Completion of RN Diploma program or related health care program from accredited program, college or university
Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
At least three years of recent acute care nursing experience required Two years previous experience in Infection Control preferred
Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
Title: Infection Control Practitioner - Registered Nurse RN
Location: Florida-Inverness-Citrus Memorial Hospital
Requisition ID: 26670-1362