HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Lab Tech (MLT) - FT Evenings in Independence, Missouri
_Centerpoint Medical Center__–__Independence, MO_ _Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)_ Centerpoint Medical Centerfeatures 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Centerfeatures the following: * Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services * An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services * Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine * An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator * Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries * Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit * Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.**
Centerpoint Medical Centeris currently looking for aMedical Laboratory Technician (MLT).
* Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
* Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
* Performs postanalytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
* Monitors quality control.
* Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
* Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
* Maintains a safe work area.
* Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
* Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
* Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
* Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students.
* Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
* The Medical Technoligst analyzes and interprets testing for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
* This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies. * Performs other duties as assigned.
* A minimum of High school diploma or equivalent.
* Successful completion of an accredited MLT program or a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course * MLT (ASCP), CLT (NCA) or equivalent certification required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire. * Experience preferred.
Title: Medical Lab Tech (MLT) - FT Evenings
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-43973