Aon Corporation Sr. Systems Developer- Virtual in Illinois
Aon Is Looking For a Senior Systems Developer
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement and Investment Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt.
The ideal candidate will be able to work through the entire life-cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support. Our applications are built on the .NET stack, leveraging technologies such as C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Entity Framework, .NET 4.5+, VS2010/2015 and SQL Server 2012, as well as client side frameworks such as AngularJS and Bootstrap.
Your Impact As a*Senior Systems Developer*
- Collaborating with other technical and business team members on analysis and requirements
- Participating in code reviews, code deployment
- Providing technical support to internal /external clients and ongoing maintenance and deployment support
- Experience developing in the following areas, ASP.NET MVC websites,Query/jQuery UI, WCF services
- Understanding and working knowledge with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Developing applications that use SQL Server 2008/2012
- Knowledge of design principles (design patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D. etc.)
- Building and supporting single-page applications
- Developing RESTful services
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services (SSRS/SSIS)
- Knowledge with asynchronous messaging and service bus technologies (NServiceBus. MassTransit etc.), unit testing frameworks (specifically NUnit) and source control (SVN, Git etc.)
- Developing windows services
Undergraduate degree in computer sciences or a related field preferred
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience working with Visual Studio 2010/2015
Minimum 5+ yrs. developing with C# and .NET
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. Tolearn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Canada: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2422279
Category: Information Technology Group
Location: United States, IL, Virtual