Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Technical Advisor - Mechanical
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of our team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power and industrial markets on 6 continents. Servicing our customers through ten diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world’s largest and most complex projects. Our clients value us because they know We Deliver.
With a legacy of engineering excellence, technology leadership, the reliable delivery of major infrastructure projects, base operation services and construction management and engineering services; KBR offers career opportunities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico that can take you where you want to go; both geographically and professionally.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title - Technical Advisor – Mechanical - Staff Metallurgist
KBR is seeking a Technical Advisor - Mechanical - Staff Metallurgist to join its team in a direct-hire or contract capacity.
Functional job responsibilities will include but are staff Metallurgist to:
* Provide metallurgy and materials support for KBR engineering projects
* Provide technical review, analysis and recommendation of material selection, corrosion control and/or failure avoidance for oil and gas facilities and chemical plants; refineries, corrosion mitigation, metallurgy, failure analysis, and materials engineering.
* Utilize computer programs/tools to develop specifications and material selection diagrams.
* Provide troubleshooting of corrosion related equipment problems.
* Manage and participate in root cause analysis of equipment failures in operating plants.
* Participate in and provide technical expertise for review of KBR engineering standards for materials.
* Provide guidance on equipment repairs including weld procedures and material selection
* Provide procedures for inspection of materials based on knowledge of corrosion and failure mechanisms
* Review and approval of materials substitutions proposed by equipment or piping vendors.
* Review supplier procedures for positive material identification and post weld heat treatment
* Provide materials recommendations to project teams, using available research data and/or literature, analysis, KBR history
* Collaborate with KBR’s Houston metallurgy team and KBR counterparts in other global offices
* Prepare standards and reports for use by the KBR global metallurgy community of practice
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.