Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Project Lead Electrical Engineer
Other Locations: null
National Oilwell Varco is designing an R&D Technology Center that will provide a means for product line groups to test new product designs in an integrated drilling environment. The facility will include a Drilling Rig that will have the capability to skid along a Drill Pad to drill multiple wellbores. In addition, a separate building will be dedicated to Mud Motor Testing as well as house the Drilling Rig’s mud processing system. Another building, the Shop/Warehouse, will serve as the storage area for tools and equipment, shop space to assemble test fixtures, temporary workspace for visiting test engineers, and housing for the Power and Control Room.
We are putting together a Project Team to design the R&D Technology Center and are seeking a Project Lead Electrical Engineer to design the Power, Control, Instrumentation, Sensing, and Communication aspects of the facility for both high and low voltage scenarios. Members of the Project Team will interface with multiple NOV Product Line Groups to acquire information and support for the project tasks.
* Construct electrical schematics for the Power, Control, Instrumentation, Sensing, and Communications for the facility.
* Design and construct 2D as well as 3D drawings for multiple functions of the facility.
* Design facility to meet all compliance standards.
* Provide documentation on design specifications.
* Perform other duties as required by management.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology as a minimum.
* 10 or more years of experience is preferred.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
* Proficient with using Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email (read and write in English).
* Proficient designing with engineering software:
* 2D: AutoCAD
* 3D: Solidworks, REVIT, etc.
* (Optional) FEA: COSMOS, ANSYS (linear and non-linear analysis)
* Knowledge of Engineering Standards and Procedures.
* Knowledge of power distribution, data acquisition, controls, communications, electrical components and electronics.
* Strong leadership abilities.
* Strong project management abilities.
* Self-directed and highly motivated.
* Can work equally well in individual and team settings.