HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Room RN in Houston, Texas
_West Houston Medical Center – Houston, TX_
_Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Room_ _ _ West Houston Medical Center offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
POSITION SUMMARY Under the general direction of the Director, Emergency Department, the Registered Nurse is responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients presenting to the Emergency Department. The Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department supports the medical care of all patients presenting to the Emergency Department under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the mission and objectives of the Hospital.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS
1. Accepts changes in responsibility in a positive and effective manner
2. Supports hospital mission, objectives, decisions, and policies
3. Always supports implementation of new processes in a positive manner
4. Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable patients.
5. Facilitates communication with patients, physicians, guests, and co-workers as appropriate to position.
6. Protects confidentiality of patients/coworkers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences. 7. Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self-interest. 8. Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict management to improve team work. 9. Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to position.
10. Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked. 11. Consistently responds to requests in a timely manner. 12. Ensures that all required diagnostic and therapeutic interventions are completed in a timely manner and documented.
13. Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
14. Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing staff.
15. Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services. 16. Completes other activities as assigned 17. Adheres to the Customer Service Principles of West Houston Medical Center.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS * Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred. * Previous experience in emergency nursing preferred with at least one year of experience on a Medical-Surgical Nursing Unit; * Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) preferred.
LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED * Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas * Current CPR, ACLS, PALS - American Heart Association required * Current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) * ENPC may be substituted for PALS * Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIH) Stroke Scale * NIMs 100 and 700 training required or must obtain within 90 days of employment
Title: Emergency Room RN
Location: Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Requisition ID: 00417-68887