Exterran Senior Quality Manager in Houston NHR, Texas
Senior Quality Manager
Job Type:Full Time
Location:TX - Houston NHR
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Holdings (NYSE: EXH) is a $2.7 billion publicly traded company with about 10,000 dedicated professionals working in more than 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent E&P and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Sr. Quality Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead the product line’s Quality activities across all functions, including liaison with end customers. Promote Total Quality concepts to affect an ongoing proactive quality improvement culture.
• Provides oversight of inspection activity for product throughout production cycle. Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products in order to maintain compliance with all applicable codes, standards and/or specifications as well as all corporate and quality policies.
• Responsible for all QA/QC functions and reporting including the following processes: Non-conformance (NCR); Corrective/Preventive action (CPAR); Field quality reports and customer complaints/returns; supplier monitoring, auditing and evaluation; gage calibration; quality inspection plans and contract packets( quality records); Material review board; Warranty analysis and investigations; Cost of Poor Quality reduction; first article qualification and production approval; and auditing ( internal and external). Plan and Conduct monthly Quality Management Reviews.
• Oversee the process for design, release, and revision control to manufacturing and make suggestions to Engineering on necessary changes to reduce cost and assure consistent quality.
• Direct the efforts and activities of Quality Assurance Team to ensure support to the shop floor and related suppliers, and contribute to the ongoing improvement of productivity and quality while reducing costs of operations for assigned processes.
• Lead the quality program including establishment of required procedures, work instructions, and forms, internal audits, corrective action, and outside audits in meeting certification to recognized standards. Responsible for establishing and maintenance of 3rd party certification such ASME U-Stamp, China Code and other international standards.
• Assure that compliance with established quality standards by all internal operating functions and external suppliers is attained.
• Assist in the pre-quotation review of customer quality specifications to assure that any special requirements can be met and that adequate cycle time and cost is reflected.
• Establish and maintain sound procedures to ensure the definition of proper quality standards and the means of measuring conformance to those standards.
• Review internal and external failure costs and develops effective corrective/preventive action programs to reduce defect generation and associated costs.
• Recommend and implement improvements to increase the efficiency and performance of departmental responsibilities.
• Supervise the training, development and effectiveness of the quality group, while maintaining a safe operation and positive employee relations.
• The Manager, Quality has an overall responsibility for developing, communicating, measuring and enforcing the Quality Policy through the establishment and monitoring of consistent work processes that fully meet internal and external quality requirements.
• The incumbent is responsible for determining the frequency and detail of in-process quality audits so as to maintain cost effective processes and products that meet customer expectations and specifications. Establishes quality processes and procedures and publishes required internal and external quality documentation.
• This position is responsible, in coordination with Sourcing group, for establishing vendor qualifications, and interfacing with such vendors to assure a clear understanding of and full compliance with required quality standards,
• Responsible for assuring that contract quality procedures and documentation requirements are met. This includes responsibility for assisting the Product Managers in reviewing customer quality specifications and attending customer meetings to achieve agreement on specific quality requirements. In this effort, consideration shall include the Division's design and production capabilities as well as schedule and cost impacts.
• Responsibility for quality shall include units installed in the field. Maintain communication regarding problems and solutions between Manufacturing, Engineering, and the Service groups. In the event of repetitive or major field problems, provide leadership in warranty analysis and corrective action and visit customer sites as required for fact gathering.
• The manager is responsible for managing the budget and all quality resources in meeting division goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7 + years’ experience in a quality function within a manufacturing environment with progressing levels of responsibility
• Two plus years in quality assurance with working knowledge of quality systems, such as ISO
• Quality Management System Development
• Recognize industry standards and codes such as ASME Section VIII
• Experience managing a quality organization with multiple sites
• Ability to manage in a matrixed organization
• Experience with Oracle ERP/ QMS
• Lean/Six Sigma
Demonstrated Leadership Ability
Leading a team of 5 - 10 + direct reports
Team Oriented, ability to motivate others
Ability to make data based decisions in a timely manner
Customer Focused mindset
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Strong Technical/ Analytical Skills
Data-driven problem solving capacity (DMAIC, RCCA, etc.)
Ability to analyze and manage operating expense to business expectations
Ability to build and manage annual budgets (headcount, capital, and all related operating expenses)
Demonstrated Communication Skills
Apply To This Job