The Bristal Assisted Living Prep Cook- Full Time in Holtsville, New York
The Bristal Assisted Living Communities offer the absolute finest in assisted living. We provide extraordinary accommodations, deliver expert care and support, and ensure a lifestyle that is healthy and active, abundant in dignity and grace. The Bristal team keeps residents involved, enriched, and engaged, while demonstrating our Core Values: Integrity, Enthusiasm, Respect, Collaboration, Responsibility and Excellence. The Bristal Assisted Living...Where Every Day Means More.®
At the present time we are looking for talented, creative and experienced Prep Cooks to work in the Food Services area of a very busy and fast paced kitchen within our beautiful and luxurious Assisted Living Community.
In this role you will assist with the preparation, seasoning and cooking of meals for Residents and employees as directed by Food Service Director or the sous chef. You will also work as a line cook and assist with other kitchen maintenance tasks as needed to ensure the foodservice area is clean and running smoothly at all times.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Helping to prepare food for the next meal service to include chopping, measuring and mixing ingredients according to established recipes
- Ensure all procedures are conducted following required Health Department and Company regulations
- Check all food temperatures prior to meal service
- Garnish all plates before they leave the kitchen area
- Assist with other kitchen functions as necessary to include, dishwasher, ultilties, line cook, prep cook
The ideal person will have experience in a busy kitchen or food preparation area.
- Experience working in a restaurant, catering facility, hospital, hospitality, healthcare or similar food services related industry a plus
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced environment
- Ability to understand the English language and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to follow all rules, regulations, policies and sanitary standards set out by management
This position will require working one weekend day per week for either a Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday day shift.
The Bristal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Prep Cook- Full Time
Posted on: 10/17/2016
Location: Holtsville, NY
Updated on: 05/01/2017