Nike STORE DESIGNER in Hilversum, Netherlands
As our Designer, working under the direction of a Sr. Store Designer or Director, you'll collaborate in the development of innovative and original retail environments and fixture designs. You'll use your advanced design skills to create original 3D retail design solutions and develop concepts by others that reflect Nike's design ethos, support retail business targets, and enhance the consumer retail experience. You'll work within team projects and work independently to complete the most technically challenging individual projects.
You'll elevate all design projects for designated initiatives and/or projects. In addition, you'll need to communicate and present design concepts to team/leader/Director and create presentation materials that effectively communicate vision and goals.
Requirements for the position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or Environmental Design and 5+ years design experience
• Retail design industry/environments and fixture design experience is preferred
• Proven ability to perform and apply design skills, including architectural design, space planning, visual presentation development and layout, proportion and scale
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general and the retail industry specifically
• High level of expertise using design or CAD software/technology with ability to manage electronic files and libraries for use by multiple parties.
• Ability to work cooperatively within design teams and internal business partners; sharing ideas and developing effective solutions in line with brand plans and company mission
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in local market language
• Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes
• Ability to balance and coordinate multiple design concerns, including business targets, brand expression, and spatial design.
• Travel 5%