Hershey Entertainment and Resorts PT SAFETY SUPERVISOR II in Hershey, Pennsylvania
This position is responsible for a variety of tasks associated with providing and maintaining a safe place of employment that is free from recognized hazards that may be likely to cause harm to employees or guests. This position is responsible for ensuring all safety equipment is properly maintained by conducting periodic inspections, completing monthly and annual fire extinguisher inspections as well as assisting with reviewing and updating company safety policies and procedures. Additionally, this position will assist and support all HE&R; properties with any safety-related needs. This position reports to the Corporate Director of Safety & Security.
- Conduct monthly fire extinguisher inspections; order parts and contact vendor for repairs and re-charging extinguishers, as needed; repair and re-charge pressurized water extinguishers on-site, as needed; assist vendor with annual fire extinguisher inspections at all HE&R; properties.
- Conduct fire and life safety inspections and report any potential safety hazards; take action or make recommendations to eliminate hazards.
- Assist and support all HE&R; properties with fire and life-safety inspections, fire/evacuation drills and other safety-related training.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Assist with reviewing and revising, as necessary, the content of all safety programs and the company safety manual to ensure we are compliant.
- Assist with inspecting and documenting inventories of equipment maintained by the Corporate Safety Dept.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in Safety and/or Loss Prevention.
- Associates Degree in Safety/Security & Loss Prevention or related field. (Relevant work experience can be substituted for education (4 years).
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
- Must be detailed oriented and have clear written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Pre-employment – OSHA 10-30 hrs. training certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of Life Safety Codes, NFPA and OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
- Proficiency with air monitoring, hazmat and respirator fit testing a plus.
- CPR/AED, First Aid certifications a plus
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (60ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (25lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- The working schedule for this position is Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm, but may include evenings, weekends and holidays based on operational need.
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign tasks at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Corporate Services
Interest: Safety & Security
Hourly Wage: $14.00