Hershey Entertainment and Resorts GC CULINARY TEAM MEMBER in Hershey, Pennsylvania
The Culinary Team at Entertainment Complex is a competitive culinary program that will expose employees to various entertainment culinary environments to include concessions, catering events, full-service restaurant, & carving stations. Locations include GIANT Center, Hersheypark, Hersheypark Arena, Hersheypark Stadium and Star Pavilion. Culinary Team Members are responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of all food items at all times, placing orders for food in a timely manner, and creating aesthetically pleasing presentations of all food to include display props.
The pay rate for this position is commensurate with experience.
This position is intended for individuals looking to pursue a culinary, pastry arts, or hospitality career.
Culinary Team members may be required to do one or all of the following tasks:
- Assist utility personnel maintain cleanliness of the dish room and pot washing areas
- Wash and sanitize all kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: fryers, grill, tilt skillet, steam kettle, broiler, worktables, sinks, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes and utensils
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor as needed
- Remove all trash and breakdown boxes as needed
- Assist the warehouse runner to properly receive and store all food, non-food and cleaning related items, while maintaining a clean and orderly operation
- Deliver prepared items to assigned areas as needed
- Perform all duties as assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chefs as needed
- Maintain safe, clean and sanitized work areas
- Comply with safety and security procedures outlined in the employee handbook
- Adhere to policies of the Hershey Entertainment Complex
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- The ability to handle a fast paced and somewhat stressful environment.
- Capable of following directions from Chefs, Directors, and Department leaders.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment, good knife skills and a ServSafe Certification preferred.
- Friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Ability to speak, write, and understand English
- Display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Ability to safeguard confidential information Must demonstrate cash handling skills
- Well honed skill set that includes the ability to oversee line production
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must follow standardized recipes
- Must be available to work up to 30 hours per week, day and/or evenings, which will include weekends and some holidays
- Able to work in a hot kitchen
- Position requires standing, bending, walking and lifting for entire shift
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs. independently
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Giant Center
Hourly Wage: $7.25