Serco Security Specialist / Intermediate (EAS-P) NC52038269 in Herndon, Virginia
Security Specialist / Intermediate (EAS-P) NC52038269Herndon, VA, US
Job Description Administers and coordinates the DOD, DOE, or other industrial security program and other security activities to ensure compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. Develops and implements security procedures in coordination with government agencies and management personnel. Conducts security briefings. Participates in the development of and conducts security education programs. Investigates losses and security violations and recommends corrective actions. Maintains liaison with outside agencies. Develops and implements procedures and coordinates procedure manual revisions. Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. Ability to obtain a security clearance. Knowledge of DOD, DOE or other industrial security program and in-depth knowledge of the DOD, DOE or other government security regulatory manuals.
• Provide guidance and assist with security specific needs for office renovations and move management activities, such as, but not limited to, review of furniture for classified information, review of facilities for SCI Facility requirements, working with facilities and communication personnel to assist in defining requirements, scheduling moves, etc.
• Assist with work pertaining to the procurement, inventory control, and destruction of cryptographic material utilized by the agency
• Serve as an OS&CI Custodial Property Officer tracking security related equipment and accountable property for the respective branches
• Conduct security in-briefings and de-briefings related to security compartmented programs and office specific programs
• Support field offices, including polygraph, to include generating tasking lists, providing program and personnel security requests for examinations
• Interface in person and telephonically with outside federal agencies, requesting reports, referring and scheduling examinations, and answering general questions about the agency polygraph program
• Work with agency Program Security Officers to process requests for examinations, gather or provide information about prospective examinees
• Research, record, and report population statistical data for analysis and planning purposes of operational polygraph travel missions
• Collect, interpret, and produce weekly, monthly and yearly branch reports and statistics which includes multiple data reports from APICS
• Schedule, organize, and prepare read-aheads for the adjudication board and log/prepare all customer correspondence packages from the branch for mailing
• Provide administrative support for case tracking and provide monthly reports to management
• Assist in development and coordination of OS&CI yearly Instructor Led Training (ILT) and Computer Based Training, to include user testing, training schedule, and advertising course offerings
• Coordinate registration and confirmation for OS&CI ILT courses, checks clearances for students attending courses and provides day to day correspondence with students and addresses questions
• Coordinate logistics for off-site locations, provide logistical class configurations and reproduction of course materials
• Update and archive student training records with OS&CI provided courses
• Execute Special Access Programs (SAP) and Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO) administrative security actions, in compliance with governing documents, to ensure customers are postured to support interfaces with the SAP and IJSTO communities
• Provide classification review of SAP documents prior to release
• Maintain billet rosters for all IJSTO accessed individuals through the agency and Air Force SAPs
• Assist in establishing and disestablishing SAP Facilities for discussion, processing and storage of sensitive program data
• Assist customers in establishing Co-use and Joint-use Agreements as related to SAP and IJSTO programs
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**
Required Skills Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. Ability to obtain a security clearance. Knowledge of DOD, DOE or other industrial security program and in-depth knowledge of the DOD, DOE or other government security regulatory manuals. Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
• Experience with personnel security policies and practices
• Experience in access control, security personnel and physical security functional areas, to include but not limited to access control software and systems, personnel security policies and procedures, and facility physical security requirements
• Experience working in an environment with compartmented programs.
Must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52038269
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Personnel & Social Services
Department Our services in the Defense business unit support all branches of the U.S. military and the intelligence community. Our teams provide a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. We also provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement. And for the Intel community we have over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology.