Serco Security Specialist / Entry (EAS-P) NC52038267 in Herndon, Virginia
Security Specialist / Entry (EAS-P) NC52038267Herndon, VA, US
Job Description Assists with the administration of government classified security programs for a business unit according to Company established procedures and standards for security organization. Coordinates classified document control and distribution. Tracks status of clearance requests. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Works under general supervision. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
• Maintain tracking records and filing systems, archives files as necessary
• Recommend new administrative support processes
• Execute agency and local Directorate/Office security in and out processing requirements
• Issue security related equipment, records, receipts, or supplies
• Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or offices
• Schedule polygraph testing
• Answer security related telephone calls, directs calls to the appropriate branch or office, and take messages
• Research, records, and reports statistical analysis for historical and planning purposes
• Provide security support for passing, verifying, and receiving clearances, confirming Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security eligibility, processing visitor requests, processing requests for IC Badges, and processing Visit Certifications and Perm Certifications
• Update security data, run inquiries, provide quality control, develop reports using various IC and/or DoD databases
• Provide support coordinating, tasking and managing security action responses from internal agency, other Government, and industry organizations
• Maintain and update appropriate security related databases
• Provide administrative/customer support duties for access control and physical security support to the agency headquarter buildings
• Issue and manage badges for Headquarters personnel and visitors
• Update data, provide quality control, run reports, and use the Monitor Dynamics Inc. system and Lenel Systems for proper badging, Visit Request and Badging System (VRBS), Access Polygraph Investigative Collection System (APICS), and others as needed
• Process certifications for access via fax, email, electronic message format and IC databases for visitors' access for daily visit or multiple visits up to one year
• Assist with badge issues, provide visitors information support, directions and assist in contacting visitor POC
• Assist with onboarding and out-processing of personnel to include badge creation for new personnel and badge destruction for departed personnel as well as assist in updating accesses for personnel
• Assist in the set-up and conduct of the weekly briefing for new personnel introduction to the agency
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**
Required Skills Requires a high school diploma or equivalent plus 0-2 years experience. Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
• Oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers' routine questions in a clear and concise manner
• Knowledge of security specific systems, databases, websites, and software, including Facility and Information Security Accreditation Tool, VRBS, APICS, Scattered Castles, Joint Personnel Adjudication System or their successors
Must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Entry Level
Job ID 52038267
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our customers deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1.2 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area Personnel & Social Services
Department Our services in the Defense business unit support all branches of the U.S. military and the intelligence community. Our teams provide a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. We also provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement. And for the Intel community we have over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology.