Evans Bank Senior Credit Analyst in Hamburg, New York
Why You Want to Work at Evans Bank:
- We’re a locally-based, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful community projects.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Our collaborative work environment allows you to "wear a lot of hats", creating learning and development opportunities on a daily basis.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work list for three years running.
The Credit Analyst is responsible for the credit analysis and evaluation process of existing and potential Commercial loan customers; ensuring that credit standards are being maintained consistent with those established in the internal lending policy and within regulatory policies; reviewing loans in the portfolio to maintain quality consistent with the policy guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures proper loan and deal structure for credit approvals.
- Review all pertinent credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, and other companies. Determine the need for more thorough investigation or additional information. Analyze information financial statements and related materials.
- Prepare summary, present facts, and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness. Assign an overall risk rating to the credit request.
- Assist in the structure of loan requests,, where appropriate, to include suggestions on terms, conditions, collateral and guarantors.
- Supports commercial lending officers by coordinating and preparing loan presentations or any other related duties.
- Mentors other credit analysts on an as-needed basis.
- ACH/Deposit Express/Overdraft approval authority.
- May attend Loan Committee meeting as required.
- Adherence to established policy, procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of experience with a lending institution in credit and financial analysis
- 2-4 years experience supervising or leading a group of professionals preferred.
- Knowledge of Global and UCA cash flow
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written communications.
- Ability to set priorities and to adapt to changing situations quickly.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Experience with Baker Hill One Point or other spreading systems and/or pricing models a plus
underwriter, analyst, credit analyst, credit underwriter, loan, credit, commercial lending
Job Location: Hamburg, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 305-018