Evans Bank Credit Analyst in Hamburg, New York
Why You Want to Work at Evans Bank:
- We’re a locally-based, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful community projects.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Our collaborative work environment allows you to "wear a lot of hats", creating learning and development opportunities on a daily basis.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work list for three years running.
The Credit Analyst I provides administrative, insightful support by analyzing whether a customer has the cash flow required for a loan. Responsibilities include the generation, analysis and follow-up on various financial reports in order to produce loan presentations that follow the Evans credit policy. The loan presentations detail possible risks and recommendations for approval/enhancements of loan proposal. The Credit Analyst I also evaluates commercial annual credit reviews and line of credit renewals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports commercial lending officers by coordinating and preparing loan presentations.
- Pursues and follows up on financial information required on commercial accounts in order to make sound and timely credit decisions.
- Maintains automated spreadsheet analysis. Incumbent is responsible for the spreading and analysis of financial information on both the personal and business basis. This includes analysis of the adequacy of cash flow to service projected debt service, as well as analysis of collateral coverage and risk analysis.
- Supports Credit Department as it relates to the coordination and analysis of credit administration, including line of credit renewals, interim monitoring/covenant measurement, maturing time and term notes, maturing rate call mortgages, credit concentration, and stress testing.
- Reviews overdraft, ACH, remote capture credit limits.
- Provides portfolio risk management and reporting
- Provides municipal financial statement review and analysis
- May attend loan committee as required
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements and bank policies.
- Various departmental projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of experience in the lending industry, commercial credit analysis, collections or other credit functions is highly preferred
*Skill Requirements and Preferences*
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- An intellectual curiosity.
- A natural thoughtfulness to ones work.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Good communication skills. One who communicates openly and honestly and isn’t afraid to share what they do and don’t know.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Sageworks or other spreading systems and/or pricing models a plus.
Job Location: Hamburg, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 340-018