Ericsson Manager IC India and IC Business Partner EGI LT, in Gurgaon, India
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
As the Manager Internal Communications India you will be line manager for all IC Business Partners in India, ensuring adequate reach of global communications, effective load-sharing across the team and functional and geographical closeness to the requirements across the complete Ericsson presence in India. In this capacity you will also be part of the Common Services India LT as well as the global IC LT.
In this role you will also be an Internal Communications (IC) Business Partner, supporting our internal stakeholders with highly efficient, effective and competent Internal Communications & Engagement. You will be a member of and support the EGI Leadership Team (LT) with Internal Communications to ensure impactful communicative leadership and attend to all IC related needs and requirements.
You will report to the Head of Common Services India.
Line Managers act per the Ericsson Leadership Framework and promote the corporate values, ethics and culture of the organization to ensure excellent performance.
This position is based in Gwal Pahari office, Gurgaon.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Act as advisor to the unit’s Leadership Team members on all internal communication & engagement matters
- Be a communicative leadership coach to the unit’s Leadership Team members
- Accountable to ensure successful delivery of IC activities for the unit’s stakeholders
- Define and implement the IC strategy and plan using innovative, cost effective, yet impactful ways to engage employees
- Ensure clarity and confidence as well as engagement from the employees in the unit’s strategy and create the red thread to our company strategy
- Drive and implement the creation of efficient ways of working, reuse of best practices and synchronize communications to increase impact and avoid information overload for employees
- Support in the implementation of global internal communications and engagement programs towards targeted employees within your scope
- Leverage competency from IC Delivery Centers
- Share knowledge and collaborate with IC Community members
- Drive the use of related internal channels to ensure maximum reach, impact and engagement, including: AEMs .Unit employee events, newsletters, live webcasts, video recording & production and web management responsibility
- Line manager responsibility for the complete ICBP team in India, including Individual Performance Management and day-to-day operational management
- Member and active participant in EGI LT, Common Services India LT and the global IC LT.
- Business Acumen
- Leadership skills
- Market insight
- Ericsson knowledge
- Relationship building
- Change & leadership communication
- Communication knowledge & skills for professionals
- Analytical skills
- Stakeholder management
- Project management skills
- Digital IC skills
- Presentation skills
- English skills (spoken and written)
- Creating & Innovating
- Writing & Reporting
- Working with people
- Courageous leadership
- Relating & Networking
- Adapting & Responding to change
- Planning & Organizing
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent training/experience
- 10+ years of related experience
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Experience from working as a member of a BU, GF or Regional leadership team
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Understanding of digital communications
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || Haryana || Gurgaon || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log;