Serco Systems Administrator II - GUAM (remote) in Guam
Systems Administrator II - GUAM (remote)Guam, , GU
Job Description Install new software releases and system upgrades. Evaluate and install patches and resolves software related problems. Perform system backups and recovery. Maintains data file and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. A certain degree of creativity and latitude are expected.
Systems Administrator will install new software releases and system upgrades. Evaluate and install patches and resolves software related problems. Perform system backups and recovery. Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Provide Operation and Maintenance support including patch management, information assurance/security, anti-virus, and data backup solutions. Provide system administration and engineering support for Windows 2008/2012.
Provide support in GUAM.
Required Skills - Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area.
- 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to coordinate with the IA Specialists and/or Network Administrators for the Systems being maintained and/or accredited.
- Ability to adapt to new and emerging technologies and remain current with DOD Policies.
- 3+ years of recent Systems Administration experience, to include applying and managing Information Assurance (IA) requirements in a DOD environment (in accordance with the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program).
- Prior experience in the administration of Window s Active Directory infrastructure to include Group Policy Object management experience, VMware ESXi server, Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint v3 – 2010, Backup Exec, Acronis, McAfee HBSS.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to respond to VMware VCenter server and Vsphere configurations, and hosted virtual server requirements.
- Ability to create Standard Operating Procedure documentation for designs and implementation strategies of new hardware and software deployments.
- Capable of addressing requirements for maintaining system security as defined by the Certification and Accreditation documentation.
- Ability to work independently and support environment to meet deadlines while simultaneously performing multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense networking and security accreditation requirements.
- Knowledge of Retina and Host Based Security System (HBSS), eMASS, ACAS, SCAP, RMF/DIACAP, and VRAM is preferred. (TOM)
- Experience in running ACAS and SCAP scans, analyzing results, and applying appropriate patches, settings, and mitigations.
- DoD Directive 8570.1 IA Workforce Technical Level II certification.
- Familiarity with system architecture and possess the ability to prepare a complete architecture from concept of operation to include SPAWAR requirements, customer requirements, and user base.
- Ability to provider support at client site where working conditions may vary.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52135920
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world’s leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset. Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it’s the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver. We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department Our services in the Defense business unit support all branches of the U.S. military and the intelligence community. Our teams provide a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems. We also provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement. And for the Intel community we have over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee’s specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology.