CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP District Manager - State and Local Government in Greenwood Village, Colorado
We're hiring a District Manager in our Greenwood Village office outsourcing practice to serve as the District Manager for a special district or municipal entity. The District Manager is accountable for day-to-day operations of special districts, public administration, public policy, and special district compliance.
- Works with districts and local entities on day to day operational issues, as well as infrastructure development, and financing – including bond issues. Understands Colorado statutes governing local governments and title 32 special districts, governmental budgets, public records, public hearings, public notices, governmental purchasing practices, policy formation, and tax structure.
- Coordinates preparation of annual budget and capital improvement plan.
- Responsible for working with elected officials to implement the policies and procedures of the district to effectuate both day to day operations and long range planning.
- Works with public infrastructure planning, financing, construction and maintenance alternatives.
- Responsible for directing staff and other consultants in performing tasks to accomplish the same.
- Must be experienced and well versed in both Title 32 and local government in general.
- Provides localities with guidance on policy formation, offering high-level decision making and analysis. Anticipates potential problems and issues for the district, providing solid recommendations to resolve issues by researching all possible options. Communicates and coordinates with district and municipality residents, property owners, HOAs, and governmental entities.
- Ability to service as a designated election official, coordinates, conducts numerous elections, thorough understanding of election code, and able provide election judge training.
- Understands statutory compliance issues pertaining to special districts and municipalities, required filings with DOLA and other agencies. Accountable for budget preparation. Has solid knowledge of Colorado statuses governing governmental purchasing practices, policy formation, and tax structure. Provides oversight and guidance to clients on legal requirements outlined in Titles 1 and 32, C.R.S. Responsible for directing staff and consulting team to perform duties to execute compliance matters.
- Responsible for providing superior client service, interfacing with clients, directing staff and consulting team to achieve objectives and tasks to perform functions of district. Responsible for billing and collecting accounts receivable.
- The Manager is responsible for training and coaching team members in management services to be able to meet the needs of the outsourced public administration clients.
- BS/BA degree in public administration or business administration required. Master’s in Public Administration or Business Administration desired.
- Minimum six years of experience in city or county management, public works, or land development.
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Ability to manage a portfolio of many clients and to multi task effectively.
- Provide efficient client service and seek ways to improve operational excellence to increase value to clients.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively lead a team and delegate work is necessary.
ABOUT THE FIRM CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With over 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0741
Title: District Manager - State and Local Government
City: Greenwood Village